Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2050 Completion of Australia's largest infrastructure project the "outer city loop"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Future historian

Future historian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

https://www.theage.c...828-p5005r.html

correction  it will be the biggest public transport project in Australian history not the biggest infrastructure project

I think this is a good add to the timeline as the timeline included other large scale public transport upgrades

• wjfox likes this

Future historian

Future historian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

put correction in above post would not let me delete this reply

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,612 posts
  • LocationLondon

Great suggestion – thanks. Although I do wonder about the habitability of Australia by then...

• Future historian likes this

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
Not that I'm knocking infrastructure projects, we need more of them. By why is it going to take 30 years to build 90km of track? That seems like a simple engineering problem and it would be embarrassing not to finish in 5-10 years at the most. It's not like they're building canals across continents like the Chinese.

Seriously though, Pennsylvania listen please, Pittsburgh needs an expanded rail network.

Future historian

Future historian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Not that I'm knocking infrastructure projects, we need more of them. By why is it going to take 30 years to build 90km of track? That seems like a simple engineering problem and it would be embarrassing not to finish in 5-10 years at the most. It's not like they're building canals across continents like the Chinese.

Seriously though, Pennsylvania listen please, Pittsburgh needs an expanded rail network.

My understanding is they are linking one station at a time instead of all together

• Erowind likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users