Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Erowind's Containment Thread

screw social media erowind

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands
Just for my understanding, I'm guessing that AWR banned after making that Africa for Africans, Europe for Europeans, and Asia for Asians comment under Sciencerocks's status post on the 10th of Oct. After a period, she was unbanned, and when asking why in this thread:

https://www.futureti...320-i-am-sorry/

Yuli Ban answers that she was using Stormfront copypasta, and maliciously spreading alt-right talking points.

Now, if what I understand is true, and if indeed AWR had been sharing maliciously this information as either troll or propagandist, then we can all agree that the ban may be deserving, however let me now state that AWR is completely innocent in the matter. If we bring up evidence 1a, the supposed initial status post and reason for banning:

https://www.futureti...status_id=22547

We can find that while it's true that AWR brought up alt-right talking points, they were brought up out of true interest and belief. That she responded to Erowind's initial criticism, and that the post itself was in response to Sciencerocks' status post. And while it may true that AWR did not wish to respond to the further criticisms of her beliefs, this would be a seperate issue that could be solved through discussion and not suspension.

So I ask, is it now against this forum to state our opinion? That our beliefs, and our ideas are unfit to be responded to and spoken of? That if tomorrow, I state that I was a 9/11 truther, that I'd be banned and deprived of the right to be corrected on a forum that I'm a supposed welcome member of? All the while another user that shall not be named, but is called PhoenixRu, is able to pull up blatant Russian state propaganda, and not even be criticized by the mods? Nay! Even worse, I can link through the threads where it's even supported!

So I say, now, that we get a response by the mods to ensure that this type of thing may never occur again, and I summon Yuli Ban to the court to explain this transgression of our rights as futuretimeliners.
  • As We Rise, Erowind and rennerpetey like this

The Prophet (saw) said: He who does not thank the people is not thankful to Allah.

Song to cure depression: https://youtu.be/9eCOLWnD5VM

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

2020's the decade of our reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Muslims should be banned from all countries and kept in their backward, backwater plots of land with no foreign assistance or trade. I don't want to discuss my wholehearted beliefs. Please respect that and talk about this stupid, irrational point among yourselves while I sit back and laugh. After i'm banned for repeatedly coming back with the same comments with little effort demonstrated at using the tool of rationality please come and defend me. 

Btw I wrote this a while ago: https://www.futureti...chy-in-a-forum/

The growth of computation is doubly exponential growth. 

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

Muslims should be banned from all countries and kept in their backward, backwater plots of land with no foreign assistance or trade. I don't want to discuss my wholehearted beliefs. Please respect that and talk about this stupid, irrational point among yourselves while I sit back and laugh. After i'm banned for repeatedly coming back with the same comments with little effort demonstrated at using the tool of rationality please come and defend me. 

Btw I wrote this a while ago: https://www.futureti...chy-in-a-forum/

There were very very many things that I don't agree with when it comes to AWR's beliefs, but it's unfair to state that what she believes in isn't malicious. Those one-shot post I see as a way to respond to the overwhelming conflicts of opinions she sees not as a way to spread 'stormfront propaganda'. I also defend that the decision to ban her for her own unwillingness to argue for her beliefs ignores the fact that she is a member with history here, and that in no way could it not have been fixed if discussion had been used. And I'd like to add to the point of her honest belief, which is seen in this very thread, where in the first page she responds to Erowind.

The Prophet (saw) said: He who does not thank the people is not thankful to Allah.

Song to cure depression: https://youtu.be/9eCOLWnD5VM

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn some cafe eating--yes eating--roasted coffee beans and reading semiotext(e)s

I agree with outlooks first post on this page. I'm going to PM Yuli and ask for his position to be posted here if it's not too much trouble for him. We'll go from there, Wjfox directed me to Yuli which makes sense given he served the ban.

Well, I agree with one critique. Posting one liners that are mirrored by propagandists is very ambiguous even assuming they are genuine expression. I understand why Yuli banned AWR. I'd request that this not happen again assuming she continues to engage in genuine discourse. If there are just repeated status updates with one liners and refusal to engage I'd probably become apathetic to whatever happens. Not saying that's happening right now, but if it did. With that said, there are other members that just post one liners too, and I have seen Yuli correct one of their sources at least once. Can't recall the thread though.

In any case I wouldn't want a policy enforced exclusively. PheonixRu is an example of that, as Outlook pointed out.

Also I didn't ignore your request not to contact the mods AWR. I just went to bed and got off for nearly two days, so I never saw it. Considering Will responded and other members are talking about this now--in support of your right to discussion--I think it's worth getting Yuli to respond.

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users