Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Spintronic computers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday

Hello people!

Today I have an interesting and cool topic about spintronic technology. Spintronics would be a technology that use the spin and charge of electrons and particles in order to perform computing and storage functions. Spintronic computers would be much faster, smaller, lighter and would consume less power than today electron charge based silicon computers. Electrons spin could be down(0) and up(1). In other words Spintronics would use the spin up and down properties of electrons to do computing tasks.

I think that today charge based electronics will someday become obsolete (partly due to the limits of transistor shrinking) and spintronics could be the closest candidate to revive Moore's Law and make computers more powerful.

Unlike today devices which needs different devices for each function(processing , memory and storage) a single spintronic chip would be its own computer and would perform all three functions in a single "organ". Using the same component for processor and memory will dramatically improve computers speed , size and energy consumption.

https://phys.org/news/2015-02-silicon-semiconductor-spintronics-reality.html

• Raklian and Erowind like this

googolplexian

googolplexian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNebraska

I like it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users