Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deep space studies .... wasted time ??

telescopes astronomy human survival space travel spoce colonies space exploration galaxies light years time space

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Futurology2039

Futurology2039

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

One fallacy and criticism  about future studies and futurology in science, in general , is that all time spent looking into and predicting the future is beneficial ,(and no pun intended), worth the time.

An area that might even to me fall into that category would be deep space studies. Even with my appetite for the mysteries of time and space and what might be out there I see time wasted on studying of things and locations the have no effect on our immediate need to move to protect the human race's survival.  I believe if you crunch the studies available from many hundreds of sources of data we have maybe less than two generations until the time when we will be living on earth in a spacesuits and artificial environments.  From that point in time to complete exhaustion of all resources natural or artificially or chemically produced or manufactured is massively unpredictable.  Even if we plug in the probabilities of massive reductions in worldwide population from many predicted  and in my opinion certain events.

The time and resources spent on Deep space studies with regards to  even deep space telescopic exploration , in my opinion should be spent exclusively on near space study and exploration totally and completely for the purposes of colonization ,human survival, or even more realistic in the near term robotic harvesting of resources from other bodies in space to assist in Human's Earthly survival .  I have yet to see evidence that the technology is even remotely close, let alone proven , now or even in the next 4 generations that we will make us ready for any practical or large scale Human  travel into deep space.. especially when you look at resource and economic hurdles.  Any thoughts, comments, inputs would be appreciated.

Jakob

Jakob

Groveling Goblin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,065 posts

Oh for heaven's sake, things are fine.

• Sciencerocks and Erowind like this

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,030 posts

Understanding 99% of the rest of the universe is probably the most important of the journeys humanity has to look forward too and is very much part of any successful future for our species. I say this with the understanding that humanity probably won't survive very long stuck on this little rock and we're far easier to take down for doing so.

A few other reasons:

-Resources are unlimited. Hell, you aint going to bring up 7.5 billion people to American level without taking advantage of space.

-Hundreds of thousands of future scientist and engineers looking towards the stars will do more to bring up humanity then all the shipments of food ever did. This is the teach a man to fish principle at its very core as High paying jobs and knowledge are two very important recipes of success and explain why cities and nations that focus on science, math and such subjects are typically far ahead of the rest of the world.

To say it is a waste is to have very little understanding of what ones talking about as there's really no excuse for not doing so outside of a fear that we're spending through an finite amount of money and economics simply don't work this way. Humanity is more then big enough to focus on greening our planet, feeding our population and looking towards the stars. I'd go as far as to say that we'd be more able to do so if we do.

• Jakob likes this

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." - Salman Rushdie

“He who dares not offend cannot be honest,” — Thomas Paine

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,030 posts

This is outside the fact that it would be a damn shame not to discover what is out there. What a loss for humanity.

• Jakob likes this

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." - Salman Rushdie

“He who dares not offend cannot be honest,” — Thomas Paine

Futurology2039

Futurology2039

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Here is a practical outlook : https://www.bing.com...4B&&FORM=VRDGAR

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationIn some cafe eating--yes eating--roasted coffee beans and reading semiotext(e)s
[RED] + [EDGE] = anti-science?

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

As We Rise

As We Rise

Matthew 24:12, NIV

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Communist-red font + black background + early in the morning = RIP my eyesight

The reality? There are millions of normal people who are starting to LIKE the idea of fascism BECAUSE there are literal bolsheviks flooding the streets and attacking people. I swear to God, when the Left actually gets the storm they've been preaching about, you won't even see it on the news. The population will just shrink from 330 million to 230 million overnight and nobody will ever speak of it again.

Futurology2039

Futurology2039

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

https://www.msn.com/...ocid=spartandhp

Great video from NASA   The Red is a mind play on the Red Planet'   You will just have to "iron" out any issue U have with your eyes

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: telescopes, astronomy, human survival, space travel, spoce colonies, space exploration, galaxies, light years, time, space

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users