Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is there any book about how to predict future?

book prediction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

nillouise

nillouise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

I think predict future is a serious thing, so it there any book talk about how to predict future,including economy, black swan event, policy, match and any other,the tool use to predict is also important.

Personally I read the <Superforecasting: The Art and Science of Prediction> and some book of Ray Kurzweil,there are good enough but more book is better.Thanks!

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

I can't think of a book with such instructions, but it's useful to always keep the following in mind when making predictions:

1) Do not make or rely upon predictions that involve violating the known laws of science (physics, chemistry). 

2) Just because a technology is theoretically possible doesn't mean humans will want to use it. For example, every American adult could theoretically replace their cars with personal autogyros, but we haven't for multiple reasons. Similarly, the "paperless office" is theoretically possible, but people still cling to paper. Don't ever forget the "Caveman Principle." (https://associations...eman-principle/)

3) This is a great list of instructions for evaluating and making future predictions: https://www.militant...-good-futurism/

• nillouise likes this

KevinStimson

KevinStimson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
Dickson P. Forecasting the future. I was reading chapter from the book "Factories of thought".

• nillouise likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: book, prediction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users