Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bionic eyes

bionic eyes eye eyes human eye vision visual prosthesis visual prostheses

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,147 posts
  • LocationLondon

I'm trying to research and write about visual prostheses/bionic eyes.

Do we know what's the current best model on the market?

Is there a version with an electrode array of 100+ or even 1,000+ electrodes?

With enough info, it should be possible to extrapolate a trend, and figure out roughly when bionic eyes will match human vision.

The human eye has a resolution equivalent to around 576 megapixels (MP). That's obviously far beyond the capability of today's cameras, but perhaps with exponential growth it could be achieved in the not-too-distant future.

Any info and suggestions would be appreciated. :)

• Yuli Ban likes this

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

We all know about the Argus II but have you heard of Pixium Vision? I'm not sure if it's strictly a bionic eye but I'll let you judge that.

http://www.pixium-vi...toration-system

• wjfox likes this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,147 posts
  • LocationLondon

We all know about the Argus II but have you heard of Pixium Vision? I'm not sure if it's strictly a bionic eye but I'll let you judge that.

http://www.pixium-vi...toration-system

Very interesting, thanks. I hadn't heard of it.

Basically I'm deleting the bionic eye entry for 2019, as the company has been acquired and little seems to have happened since then, but I really want to add this prediction back at some point. So I will keep hunting for info and see what I can find.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 20,316 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

On the topic of gigapixel cameras: I mean, obviously not for commercial sale. But I know there are a few ultra-high tech cameras out there, such as one that has 1.5 gigapixels

• wjfox likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bionic eyes, eye, eyes, human eye, vision, visual prosthesis, visual prostheses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users