Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

China will have more influence then USA what will this world look like?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Future historian

Future historian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Future historian

Future historian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

posted a link to military spending comparrisons from 1950 to 2017 not sure if it came through

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts

More fascist. Trump can't scratch China's ass when it comes to controlling and micro-managing their own people.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,432 posts
  • LocationLondon

More fascist. Trump can't scratch China's ass when it comes to controlling and micro-managing their own people.

I don't think it's accurate to describe China as "fascist". It's more nuanced than that.

Also, I doubt that China is going to exert itself in the same way that America has done (e.g. hundreds of military bases around the world).

eacao

eacao

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Also, I doubt that China is going to exert itself in the same way that America has done (e.g. hundreds of military bases around the world).

Do you have any reasons for that belief, or...?

Only take advice from people who have what you want.
You don't decide your future. You decide your habits, and your habits decide your future.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln.

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

2020's the decade of our reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Do you have any reasons for that belief, or...?

Well the expansion of the American military around the world is unprecedented. Not in terms of occupation but the reach is global and dominion overwhelming. With a rising power like China and competing powers in the jumping in the foray perhaps it is not a stretch to say that American hegemony will be unmatched in the near to mid future. 

• Outlook likes this

The growth of computation is doubly exponential growth. 

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

I think China will create military bases in order to secure its geopolitical interests. It has a $590 million base in Djibouti, and has been known to be making deals elsewhere. The issue for China is the fact that it doesn't have the diplomatic, economic, and systemic infrastructure necessary to support "foreign expansion" as much as the US has. When bringing up smaller nations like Russia who have military bases present in a fair number of countries, you have to remember that Russia has infrastructure and diplomatic alliances left over from the cold war, but China has to start from scratch. China will eventually build these systems to a level of sophistication similar to the current American system, but I do believe that they can only go so far in such a hierarchical society. American academic structure, and military structure is unsurpassed and self-improving in all fields. Its political structure as well may seem corrupt and ineffectual, but I think that's just the surface to a large, and complex behemoth. I think there is a limit to what China can do in its current form, and the only country I see that can surpass the US in its structure is Russia, or one of the US' own allies.

• Yuli Ban and Maximus like this
Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/QAlMaVYIzqw

IMPERATOR!

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

If China became the world's dominant country, it would establish a hegemony over the East Asian countries that are close to it, probably mirroring Russia's current relationship with Central Asia. China would make no effort to advance democracy or human rights across the world as the U.S. does, and instead would support whatever styles of government led to stability and order. They would probably favor technocratic dictatorships or oligarchies. 

• wjfox and Yuli Ban like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users