The misogyny has mostly been addressed in thread by Yuli pointing out that male reproductive value is also in trouble, and then in the general mockery of SR's bizarre rant.
2) with regard to why people have children you should also include 'legacy' (in this capacity someone who you taught the ways of life, spreading your teachings), and clan building (outbreeding those nasty other people for domination)
Thanks, good point! Imagine the below was attached to my previous post.
6) to carry on some sort of legacy long after they are dead
7) Power/wealth associated with a higher population of "your" people
In the future:
6) Anti aging would make the legacy stuff seem pretty weird. Tough to claim credit for someone's actions over 100 years after they hit adulthood and moved out of your house. People will be more focused on their own achievements.
7) Clan building works because having more people is an advantage. In a post automation future more robots means an advantage, more people means your robot's production is split more ways.
Breeding may end up a workable strategy for increasing influence in a 1 person 1 vote democracy, but it assumes a lot of control over your children/descendants once they have reached adulthood. Hopefully cults like that would be rare if we continue to see declining numbers of religious fundamentalists.