Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

An idea for a (funny?) apocalypse movie

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

The film would be set about 50 years in the future. Some kind of zombie outbreak, pandemic, or weird monster menace like the creatures from Bird Box is ravaging the world...but the millions of robots living among us are unaffected. 

I think they'd be a really interesting foil to all the panicky human characters. 

Just imagine Sandra Bullock wearing a blindfold, being led down a debris-strewn street by a robot chef wearing a white tophat. 

"Oh God, are they still there?" she'd say.

"I told you, I still don't see anything but leaves blowing all over the place" the bot would say in a Samuel L. Jackson default voice. 

• Yuli Ban and starspawn0 like this

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
I could see it. You could also take the comedy away, and make it into a mystery thriller film, where the "heroes" are the robots. The tension would be figuring out how to cure the humans before they all kill themselves. The robots become sad and despondent when their human masters die, and many even short-circuit themselves, finding no further purpose to existence. The film ends with two surviving humans, an Adam and Eve for a new generation. The robots saved them in time.

One thing about scifi stories is that they often assume there is all this great technology in the future, but then they only focus on one aspect of it, and don't consider how all the other technologies combine and interact. They also don't fully consider how humans will be transformed in such an era. For example, they might have a story that involves AI, but don't consider how this will affect jobs. This is what we saw in the film "Her". In a world where such AI exists, Theodore Twombly wouldn't have a job to go to.

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

I'd prefer it if the robots didn't get despondent, and instead openly talked about how the death of humankind would just allow them to take over the planet without resistance. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users