Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The OA season 2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
I watched The OA season 2 on Netflix this weekend:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_OA

It really pulls you in. I can't say that the story is so coherent, but the strangeness of it all prevented me from looking away -- I watched several episodes at once, and couldn't stop.

It has: interdimensional travel, Russian cultists, spirit mediums, Lovecraftian themes, weird technology, videogame addicts, parallel worlds, a strange puzzle-house of transdimensional import, NDEs, and so on.

I thought the "Old Night" being was an especially nice touch. Very Lovecraftian. So dark... a perfect little detail that, alas, doesn't seem to play much role.

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

You inspired me to watch the pilot episode. Not bad. Better than the last GOT episode! 

• starspawn0 likes this

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
The first season is not as good. It's more New Agey, and drags the story out too much. The second season is dark and more like the X-Files, with a more up-to-date techno-vibe -- and with some Lovecraft thrown in. There are several scenes like you would expect in an X-Files episode -- like where Mulder and Scully discover a secret research facility, that conducted mysterious and dark experiments on unwitting subjects.

I recommend watching Season 2, episode 1 to get the idea.

There are so many things about both seasons that are weird, and it's hard to imagine what went through the head of the writers when they dreamt them up. One is the idea that a ghost-dance-like ritual can transport a consciousness to another dimension.

I guess there are weirder (and true) things in this world than that, though. Consciousness, itself, is weird, and arises from matter and energy in just the right configuration -- like a ritual, too, of sorts; perform the wrong dances and moves, and the spell doesn't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users