Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Analysis of the technology in "The Terminator"

terminator

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
Some good bits:

The basic problem with the Aerial Hunter-Killer is that it would gobble up enormous amounts of fuel while in “hover mode,” 

Laser weapons capable of killing humans with a single shot are already being tested, and will be in service with the U.S. military by 2029, but plasma weapons won’t. In fact, plasma weapons might be inherently impractical to build at any point in the future.

...Therefore, while Schwarzenegger’s request for a “phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range” made no sense, asking for a “PULSED LASER rifle in the 40 watt range” would have used correct terminology and have referred to a plausible type of weapon. 

There’s no theoretical reason why the entire production chain of making a robot as complex as a T-800–from digging the raw metals out of the ground, refining them, forging and shaping them into body parts, assembling the parts, and transporting the finished product to its place of use–can’t be 100% automated someday. I conservatively predict that most manufactured goods will come from automated factories by 2100.

https://www.militant...the-terminator/

• Outlook likes this

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday

I bet pratically all goods will me produced through nanorobotics swarms and nanofactories in the year 2100. And robots will be more complex and more advanced than the t-800.

• waitingforthe2020s likes this

Nick1984

Nick1984

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationUK
Will the real laser weapons fire pretty colours, or is that just the plasma ones?

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts

Will the real laser weapons fire pretty colours, or is that just the plasma ones?

Laser weapons would be invisible, unless going through precipitation, fog, or dust.

• funkervogt likes this

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

I bet pratically all goods will me produced through nanorobotics swarms and nanofactories in the year 2100. And robots will be more complex and more advanced than the t-800.

The John Connor/T-3000 came close to what I envision to be the most efficient model possible, but its sophistication is highly underutilized.

The human body enhanced by claytronics and nanorobotics made of fullerenes, graphene analogues, optoelectronic metabolisms, aerogel fillings, polyoxometalates, superhydrides, and organic-inorganic composites instead of metal/resign. A true union of natural and artificial will look more alien than anything we have imagined today, combining the adaptability of biological organisms and the durability of artificial constructs.

Laser weapons would be invisible, unless going through precipitation, fog, or dust.

Laser weapons will not be limited to destructive ionizers. Subscribing to online science newsletters and updates solidified my idea that lasers have a lot of applications, not just scifi rifles. They can be used to cool objects to near absolute zero, reach negative temperatures, create tractor beams for tiny objects, transmit information, entangle photons, create quasiparticles and crystal defects, even rip spacetime into a blackhole. Laser-capable devices, equipped with the right lenses, mirrors, and couplers, utilized by the wildest imaginative minds, will pave the way for real-life superpowers. But for the most part, laser weapons that shoot colored beams are actually just magnetic air compressors coupled with igniters, creating a self-propelled plasma.

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts

Laser weapons will not be limited to destructive ionizers. Subscribing to online science newsletters and updates solidified my idea that lasers have a lot of applications, not just scifi rifles. They can be used to cool objects to near absolute zero, reach negative temperatures, create tractor beams for tiny objects, transmit information, entangle photons, create quasiparticles and crystal defects, even rip spacetime into a blackhole. Laser-capable devices, equipped with the right lenses, mirrors, and couplers, utilized by the wildest imaginative minds, will pave the way for real-life superpowers. But for the most part, laser weapons that shoot colored beams are actually just magnetic air compressors coupled with igniters, creating a self-propelled plasma.

Of course. Rocket propulsion and power transmission are going to be big applications too. But we were discussing laser weapons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: terminator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users