Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Years and Years (BBC)

TV future society politics technology

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • LocationUK

I made a status on here a while ago recommending the BBC's new show Years and Years. Four episodes (out of six) are already available on iPlayer for anyone living in the UK. I think you'll have to wait until 24 June if you're outside of the UK when it comes out on HBO. It's an extremely interesting show, especially for us futurists - it's almost like it was made just for us, it covers just about everything we're interested in here whether it's technology, changes in society, automation, or the clown world of politics. It follows an ordinary family fifteen years through the future from 2019 until 2034 when I guess the series will end, but yeah, it's pretty insane and might end up being a bit too accurate! I'll drop a couple of trailers here if anyone's interested (sorry I still haven't figured out how to link videos properly)!

HBO trailer (the better of the two IMO)

BBC trailer

• Yuli Ban likes this

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts

Sounds good. It'd be neat to see this go beyond 2034. And I definitely wish something like this would be made for my vision of things!

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • LocationUK

Yeah, it would be cool to see that, but unfortunately it's a miniseries (to my knowledge) and these six episodes are the only six episodes there'll ever be of it. And yeah, maybe you can get to work on a version where it all ends up with anarcho-capitalist paradise lol :p

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,619 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

I made a status on here a while ago recommending the BBC's new show Years and Years. Four episodes (out of six) are already available on iPlayer for anyone living in the UK. I think you'll have to wait until 24 June if you're outside of the UK when it comes out on HBO. It's an extremely interesting show, especially for us futurists - it's almost like it was made just for us, it covers just about everything we're interested in here whether it's technology, changes in society, automation, or the clown world of politics. It follows an ordinary family fifteen years through the future from 2019 until 2034 when I guess the series will end, but yeah, it's pretty insane and might end up being a bit too accurate! I'll drop a couple of trailers here if anyone's interested (sorry I still haven't figured out how to link videos properly)!

HBO trailer (the better of the two IMO)

BBC trailer

Sounds right up my alley!

• joe00uk likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV, future, society, politics, technology

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users