Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Non-Euclidean World Engine

virtual reality non-euclidean

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Not sure if this has already been posted here, but pretty sure it deserves further application.

Enter non-euclidean 3D space

https://www.youtube....ist=WL&index=14

The demo in the video was made with unreal engine, applying the concept of portals but with seamless integration to the actual world such that certain motions will actually bring you to different rooms and perspectives.

Would be fun being in a house puzzle game wherein every turn on the corner will bring you to a different room, or going through corridors will shift your size.

As if being in VR doesn't give you infinite enough moving space, non-euclidean walkways will let you walk around a house with infinite rooms. Maybe one day the library of babel can be made with these things, combining this with procedural generation of books and all that.

• Jakob likes this

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: virtual reality, non-euclidean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users