Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bacteria-Algae-Seaslug Three-way symbiosis

endosymbiont evolution biology

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Sea slugs uses algae's bacterial weapons

Can't help but show this to you guys. The fact that a bacteria can be housed in algal cells which can be partially digested and utilized by a sea slug should be a big deal. It means it's possible to incorporate every biological superpower out there.

Furthermore, the genus of that sea slug is in itself a biological plot-device because they integrate the photosynthetic ability of the algal cells they eat into their own animal cells.

If that's not enough to make you jealous of these slimy creatures, just remember that we have already made a new species in the lab, we have made inorganic cells, and one day we'll be able to put all these together and... you decide.

• eacao, Yuli Ban, Jakob and 1 other like this

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,034 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

It's probably by the same mechanism the earliest single-cell progenitors evolved into multi-cell organisms.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: endosymbiont, evolution, biology

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users