Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Past Subforum

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: History subforum? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like a Past Subforum?

1. Yes (7 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

OrbitalResonance

OrbitalResonance

Cosmic Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationDeep Space
This is a poll to gather peoples opinions about adding a Past or History subforum. The forum would be in the off topic section of the forums. The forums would be about all things that have happened in the 13 billion years before now. Topics from ancient human history to the formation of the planet to ice ages.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers. - Carl Sagan

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,370 posts
  • LocationLondon
I'm definitely in favour.

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
Yeah I like the idea of this too and who knows maybe one day the futuretimeline can connect to a historic timeline right back to the big bang? :p

~Jon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,370 posts
  • LocationLondon
I've bought the domain name PastTimeline.net, and was planning to start working on that. Same format as FutureTimeline, but starting from the Big Bang and going right up to the present day. It will be a mammoth undertaking though...

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
Could make it a collaborative effort, perhaps... one day down the road. I'm sure Nom du Clavier would have some ideas on making that possible with modern coding technqiues :p

~Jon

Nom du Clavier

Nom du Clavier

Brain in a body-shaped jar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Location/dev/random

Could make it a collaborative effort, perhaps... one day down the round. I'm sure Nom du Clavier would have some ideas on making that possible with modern coding technqiues :p

Oh, I have some good ideas on managing timelines, indeed. http://www.futuretim...tyle_emoticons/animate/thumbsup.gif

Also strongly in favour of a past subforum and/or pasttimeline site because if humanity doesn't learn from their past mistakes, most of the awesome stuff on Will's projected timeline will never come to pass. :yes:
This amount of awesome cannot be from concentrate.

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland, The Celtic Federation, 15th September, 2245 C.E.
I'll definitely say Yes to the Past Forum. Also Ideas for the PastTimeline Forum as well then up and running.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,370 posts
  • LocationLondon
Could we possibly move "Fictional Future" into the On Topic section (just above the link to the old forum), then create a "Past" forum where Fictional Future is now?

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
Yeah that should work.

~Jon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,370 posts
  • LocationLondon
That's excellent - thanks Jon. http://www.futuretim...tyle_emoticons/animate/thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users