Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Entangled Time

entanglement computing photon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Entangled Time

First, they created an entangled pair of photons, '1-2' (step I in the diagram below). Soon after, they measured the polarisation of photon 1 (a property describing the direction of light's oscillation) – thus 'killing' it (step II).

Photon 2 was sent on a wild goose chase while a new entangled pair, '3-4', was created (step III). Photon 3 was then measured along with the itinerant photon 2 in such a way that the entanglement relation was 'swapped' from the old pairs ('1-2' and '3-4') onto the new '2-3' combo (step IV).

Some time later (step V), the polarisation of the lone survivor, photon 4, is measured, and the results are compared with those of the long-dead photon 1 (back at step II).

The upshot? The data revealed the existence of quantum correlations between 'temporally nonlocal' photons 1 and 4. That is, entanglement can occur across two quantum systems that never coexisted.

Basically, entanglement of particles can survive indefinitely, so long as the system doing the measuring remains intact. 

What could be the applications of this technique?

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
It can allow faster than light communication and computation into the past thus making it infinitly powerful , time travel

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
What about measuring light photon in a vacuum as we know its speed so we can know it position 100 % .it could create quantum computer without errors

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
Why do you think so? Its not faster than light, but it's a way of communicating with the past and the future. Also, I only thought this can be used to make a quantum computer that stores memory elsewhen.

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hyndal_Halcyon It can allow faster than light computing in the past which theorically make it infinitly powerful, just imagine

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: entanglement, computing, photon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users