Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The difference between cyberpunk and post apocalyptic sicence fiction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday

I`d like to know the difference between cyberpunk and post apocalyptic.

I think that cyberpunk is an exquisite, cool, and futuristic high tech kind of post apocalyptic sci-fi, while true post apocalyptic seens to be very sad and disturbing, with too much poverty, low technology and a deteriorated and polluted dead nature.

I have Battle Angel Alita mangas in my bedroom and I think that it`s both cyberpunk and post apocalyptic because the scrap city is very ugly, dirty with too much poverty and the areas beyond the city are completely desert and lifeless but at the same time the series also feature advanced nanotechnology and cool space stations.

• starspawn0 likes this

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
Wikipedia's definition is pretty good:

Cyberpunk is a subgenre of science fiction in a futuristic setting that tends to focus on a "combination of lowlife and high tech" featuring advanced technological and scientific achievements, such as artificial intelligence and cybernetics, juxtaposed with a degree of breakdown or radical change in the social order.

Usually, large corporations or oligarchy rule everything.

With post-apocalyptic writing, there isn't usually such a strong system (with corporations and/or oligarchies) in place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users