Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

If you could time travel to any future year, and spend a day there, which year would you pick and why?

time travel

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,616 posts
  • LocationLondon

I'd pick the late 21st century – somewhere around the 2070s-80s, I guess. A decade or two ahead of my (probable) natural lifespan.

I expect the world to be at least recognisable around that time – not so far into the future that it's purely "sci-fi" or incomprehensible, but far enough to see dramatic changes.

It would be interesting to know if we solved the climate crisis, and to witness our expansion into the Solar System.

Beyond the late 21st century, I think the technological changes would start to become terrifying, so I'd be more hesitant to go any further.

• Yuli Ban likes this

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands
2030 so I can set up my stock portfolio.
  • wjfox, Yuli Ban and PhoenixRu like this

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/DGe_Sluth3A

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 20,668 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

2099. Hopefully English is still recognizable and Wikipedia is still around, because I'm reading up on the history all day. Both since 2019 and for events in history we either don't know of or are misinformed about to see how much farther along our understanding has come.

Also: what is tech like and how did we get there?

If climate change has been resolved, what happened and how did we do it?

• wjfox likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

xQd

xQd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationRomania

I'd go to 2077 and compare the technologies from our future with the ones available in the 2077 version of Fallout and the upcoming Cyberpunk.

• wjfox and Casey like this

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Trillions of years into the future to see if my body's atoms can maintain their strong nuclear force. 

But I'll probably return instantaneously. 

• wjfox likes this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

I'd pick the late 21st century

I'd go to 2077

This all is simply dangerous. Given the current police technologies and their future development, I'm afraid any stranger will be instantly noticed: "Attention! Streetcam 28654 detected the unidentified person, his ID does not respond, the search in worldwide facial database didn't bring any result...". And, few minutes later: "Come with us, sir! We have some questions..."

• wjfox likes this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

As for me: rural Russia, sometime in 2030s - 40s. I hope my clothes will not attract much attention and I will have enough time to look around without risk of being noticed.

By that time, though, money may become a problem. In that case, I'll ask the local kids to buy fresh newspapers in exchange for my coins and banknotes (I hope they'll be interesting as collection items).

• wjfox and Yuli Ban like this

Maximum7

Maximum7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

July 23, 1993. Inject cyanide into my my infant self; never have to suffer

• Casey likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 20,668 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

If you could time travel to any future year
I can't wait for 1987, sounds like it'll be a real futuristic year.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

I'd travel a few days into the future and memorize the winning lottery numbers. 

Frankly, getting rich now would benefit my life more than knowing what the far future will be like. 

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

It's all jokes till you wake up reincarnated a black rhino.

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/DGe_Sluth3A

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: time travel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users