Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Conservative Watch Thread

Conservatives Orange Nazi Fascists Caricatures Lol Hate AntifaAreFa 1984fa

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

eacao

eacao

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I wanted to make a Progressive Watch Thread but didn't want to be biased. Thus, a Conservative Watch Thread. Knock yourselves out, have fun. 

Only take advice from people who have what you want.
You don't decide your future. You decide your habits, and your habits decide your future.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln.

eacao

eacao

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationAustralia

pls don't hit me

You don't decide your future. You decide your habits, and your habits decide your future.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln.

eacao

eacao

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Right wingers in Germany planned to assassinate MPs.

Pretty crazy

I haven't encountered DW a huge amount, but they're a professional organisation with competent journalists, and I've found their videos on YT to be of high quality in terms of message and production. 

A soldier in the Bundeswehr has been charged with planning to carry out attacks on high-ranking political figures and frame refugees for the crimes. The justice minister was among those on his hit list.

https://www.dw.com/e...ugee/a-41766093

P.s., can we get word-style crazy fonts for titles? I would love to be able to make a title and have it stylised in orange and yellow in 3D art

• Casey likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts
  • LocationLondon

Reopened thread, as it relates specifically to news and current events.

For posts that are more personal or general, please use the rant thread.

• eacao and Yuli Ban like this

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
Ronald Reagan’s Long-Hidden Racist Conversation With Richard Nixon

In newly unearthed audio, the then–California governor disparaged African delegates to the United Nations.

https://www.theatlan...d-nixon/595102/

You know the actor John Wayne ("The Duke"), that Reagan was often compared to? He was also racist:

https://www.theguard...ayboy-interview

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
Trump is drafting an order to regulate Facebook and Twitter for bias -- ‘They’re treating conservatives very unfairly,’ says Trump

https://www.theverge...nservative-bias

Just as Corey Robin has said repeatedly: the conservative movement isn't about high-minded principles like "free market", "deregulation", or "freedom of speech". It's about the felt-experience of having power and privilege, seeing it threatened, and then doing whatever it takes to win it back.

Let's hear it from conservatives: do you think this is a repulsive act of government overreach?
  • johnnd likes this

johnnd

johnnd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Plus, many conservatives are often hypocrites -- those self-proclaimed "free speech absolutists" are only so when it's convenient & serves their own interests. Pointing this out to them does nothing, though, since they typically care little about being ideologically consistent.

• starspawn0 likes this

johnnd

johnnd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Re:Epstein, I’m seeing reports that the cameras where he was being held malfunctioned. Do they really expect us to believe this?

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Plus, many conservatives are often hypocrites -- those self-proclaimed "free speech absolutists" are only so when it's convenient & serves their own interests. Pointing this out to them does nothing, though, since they typically care little about being ideologically consistent.

The way it works -- whether liberal or conservative -- is like this: there is some speaker or writer who is writing something very unpopular (e.g. racist or sexist); and they are being prevented from getting their way by peer pressure, by businesses using their rights to control private forums (e.g. private universities), or by political correctness. None of these are strictly the kind of "freedom of speech" enshrined into law, where the federal government is not allowed to prosecute or interfere in public speech.

So, they get all huffy and mad that their favorite racist isn't allowed to stand up on a podium and make jokes about the inferiority of minorities. "We've just gone too far. I believe in FREEDOM, and this PC climate is killing it."

But now let's say you have a private Christian conservative college, where an abortion rights advocate is invited to speak. What do you think will happen? Often, the speaker is quickly disinvited, and the person who invited them, fired. "This kind of talk doesn't reflect our Christian values."

This example (Christian colleges) is actually not one I thought up. I read it one time in an essay by one of the early 1990s scholars that picked apart conservative talking points about Political Correctness. His essay was all about how conservative interference in free speech is a much larger phenomenon than the liberal counterpart.
  • johnnd likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Conservatives, Orange, Nazi, Fascists, Caricatures, Lol, Hate, AntifaAreFa, 1984fa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users