Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Will scientists and physicists manipulate logic in the future ?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Can it in the future scientists and physicists manipulate logic and what consequence of this in applications ?

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
We have scientists and physicists that manipulate causality ,anti friction materials, negative temperature, negative mass ,entropy ...etc.

tomasth

tomasth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

They will have to better explain what is meant by logic to see what it would mean to manipulate logic.

Maximum7

Maximum7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I don’t understand. Logic isn’t a force of nature. It’s a human made condition of the mind. Whatever we “alter” would just appear to our senses as “illogical”

Altering Probability would be an awesome science as you could gain control over the rules of the universe. However, Isaac Arthur covered that a few months ago. It’s purely Clarketech.

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Maximum7 physical laws express logic what if we manipulate physicial laws logics ?
  • Maximum7 likes this

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

no

• Outlook likes this

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Jakob why no ?
Future supersmart artillects would find a way to do that using the godly ontotechnology (with its infinte possibility and potentials ) before/at/after the technological singularity

Maximum7

Maximum7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Maximum7 physical laws express logic what if we manipulate physicial laws logics ?

I wasn’t being literal. Logic is a figurative concept. Some humans have no logic like my autistic friend. Some things in the universe can defy our logic. It isn’t a physical law; it’s a state of mind. With ontotechnology, you could probably do anything you want but I don’t believe we will achieve that level of tech. I don’t think you can go lower than -nano

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

I would say look at the most advance mathematics and science we have today, and then say we are there. Even a casual glance at that stuff makes most people's head hurt. There are a lot of things that people just sort of just accept work while they can never get a real inherent understanding of it, because it just seems so weird. Then you get into theoretical stuff and you really don't know if something is real or not. Like if your math of what happens in the center of a black hole is correct. For all the confusing mess it can be however, math and science are extremely powerful tools.

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Logic is a concept. We already defy logic to the minds of someone 200 years ago. We can walk through air yet fly a 100,000 pound hunk of steel. We can transmit sound in the form of light that rematerializes on a speaker 10,000 miles away so you can talk with your friend who lives in Tokyo.  We can create a bomb that you can pick up with your bare hands that's capable of destroying an entire city.

So yes and no. I believe we will be able to "manipulate" logic in the future, but that manipulation of logic will itself be our own strange version of logic.

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
If yes which applications it should have in the future ?

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,770 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Future supersmart artillects would find a way to do that using the godly ontotechnology (with its infinte possibility and potentials ) before/at/after the technological singularity

The materials we use don't matter. The key word there, in fact, is "materials." We can't break the laws of the universe with the laws of the universe. Even a black hole obeys some law; we just don't know what it is. 

• Mr.posthuman likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Yuli ban
When future hypersmart A.I. manipulate physical laws they will go outside space-time and physical laws in a metaphysical state subplanck state which they will be non limited by physical laws and space-time and free of logics , the AI. god would be created with omnicontrol over omnithing even manipulate laws of logics with limitless power potencials omnipotence and omniscient.

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Yuli Ban" data-cid="268638" data-time="1568138241">

When future hypersmart A.I. manipulate physical laws they will go outside space-time and physical laws in a metaphysical state subplanck state which they will be non limited by physical laws and space-time and free of logics , the AI. god would be created with omnicontrol over omnithing even manipulate laws of logics with limitless power potencials omnipotence and omniscient.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands
Do you guys even know what logic is.

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/DGe_Sluth3A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users