Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What the iPhone of 2045 will look like ?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Will iPhone of 2045 be a contact lens with augmented reality on it or neural implant send info directly to the brain ?

Cloned

Cloned

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEU

There will be no iphone in 2045. The smartphone concept is already slightly outdated.

• Casey likes this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

With current trends, by 2045 your IPhone will become a mandatory-to-wear gadget including powerful AI to analize your movements and contacts, physical and mental shape, financial state, and so on. And of course, reporting this raw information (or even its own conclusions and recommendations) to some "Department of Civil Survelliance".

• Yuli Ban and waitingforthe2020s like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,620 posts
  • LocationLondon

Almost certainly a neural interface of some kind, in combination with a compact wearable device such as AR glasses/lenses.

For those unwilling to go cyborg, there might be less discreet options – e.g. a wrist pad with holographic projection.

The raw computing power available in 2045 would likely terrify us today. We'll merge with AI, and many of our "decisions" will increasingly be made for us.

• Yuli Ban and SkyHize like this

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

I'll go out on a limb and predict that devices similar to smartphones will still be manufactured in 2045, and a non-insignificant share of the population will buy and use them. There are real advantages to having a device you can put away in your pocket, and that you don't have to put on your face or install in your brain to use. 

Electronic contact lenses will be a mature type of technology by 2045, and it's possible people would need to carry smartphone-like devices in their pockets to do the data processing for the lenses and to beam it to them via a body LAN. The phones might also wirelessly supply electricity. 

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

But to your question, the iPhone of 2045 will obviously be incredibly powerful compared to today's iPhone. It will be easy to expand in size (by unfolding or unrolling it) to be as big as a tablet. It will also be very cheap in relative terms, so it won't be a big deal if it is damaged or lost. 

engram

engram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
No iPhones. More like iMinds. An internet connected through minds.

Neural interfaces would theoretically induce sensory experiences.

In the 2030s, these type of tech are non-invasive. But the sensory experiences are so powerful and addictive that the general population would be weaned to more invasive type of of interfaces (neuralnanorobots) in the 2040s.
  • wjfox, Yuli Ban, SkyHize and 2 others like this

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands
The iPhone of 2045 will have evolved legs, and will no longer rely on batteries to run.
  • Yuli Ban, Maximus and FrogCAT like this

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/DGe_Sluth3A

eacao

eacao

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationAustralia

That_Computer_You_Called_Ugly.jpg

Basically this. 

Computers in 2045 will be more human than we are. 

• Casey, Yuli Ban and SkyHize like this

If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

You don't decide your future. You decide your habits, and your habits decide your future.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 20,670 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

With current trends, by 2045 your IPhone will become a mandatory-to-wear gadget including powerful AI to analize your movements and contacts, physical and mental shape, financial state, and so on. And of course, reporting this raw information (or even its own conclusions and recommendations) to some "Department of Civil Survelliance".

Almost certainly a neural interface of some kind, in combination with a compact wearable device such as AR glasses/lenses.

For those unwilling to go cyborg, there might be less discreet options – e.g. a wrist pad with holographic projection.

The raw computing power available in 2045 would likely terrify us today. We'll merge with AI, and many of our "decisions" will increasingly be made for us.

Electronic contact lenses will be a mature type of technology by 2045, and it's possible people would need to carry smartphone-like devices in their pockets to do the data processing for the lenses and to beam it to them via a body LAN. The phones might also wirelessly supply electricity. 

My thoughts in general. Maybe there'll still be standalone devices with the form factor of iPhones, but the best usage would be terminals for the implants & wearables. The true 2045 smartphone will be the Jitterbug phone of the Gen Xers and older Millennials.

And that's presenting the case that we even need those terminals in the first place. I'm sure that plenty of people in the past would've thought that smartphones would need PCs to process the amount of data they do: 8GB of RAM, 3GHz processing power, and 1TB of storage on a phone that size is just impossible and too dangerous in case it breaks!

Because one thing to remember: 2045 is 26 years away.  While 26 years is a very short amount of time in life, it's a very long time in the world of information technology. The smartphone itself had just been invented 26 years ago, and if you asked the average person in 1993 what people in 2019/2020 would be using that could match the capability of a smartphone, they'd probably guess something closer to a full-body set up of technology. A cellphone earpiece (akin to a Bluetooth) for calling, bionic fingers for typing in mid-air, smart goggles for augmented reality, a jumpsuit for fitness tracking, and so on.

• Casey and Kemotx like this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 20,670 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

That_Computer_You_Called_Ugly.jpg

Basically this. 

Computers in 2045 will be more human than we are. 

The iPhone of 2045 will have evolved legs, and will no longer rely on batteries to run.

While I'm fully in support of this, I'm not going to use my goddamn robo-waifu as a phone. You what is a good phone? A phone. 

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

A phone will always be a phone.

And it will be obsolete, replaced by an entirely different process as well as a totally new catchphrase.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • LocationCanada

A new camera lens will be added to the back of the phone each year, so that by 2045 you can apply a dog face filter to the ISS and get a billion likes on Brainchat.

• Casey, Yuli Ban, SkyHize and 1 other like this

mindreader9000

mindreader9000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
iPhone rings with hologram displays...regular phones with laser keyboards...see-through effect the default through the use of fast high-definition cameras on both sides...a good battery life...eye-mouse usage on both sides

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

My thoughts in general. Maybe there'll still be standalone devices with the form factor of iPhones, but the best usage would be terminals for the implants & wearables. The true 2045 smartphone will be the Jitterbug phone of the Gen Xers and older Millennials.

And that's presenting the case that we even need those terminals in the first place. I'm sure that plenty of people in the past would've thought that smartphones would need PCs to process the amount of data they do: 8GB of RAM, 3GHz processing power, and 1TB of storage on a phone that size is just impossible and too dangerous in case it breaks!

Because one thing to remember: 2045 is 26 years away.  While 26 years is a very short amount of time in life, it's a very long time in the world of information technology. 

I'm not sure if 26 years will be enough time to solve the problems of battery miniaturization, processor miniaturization, and overheating that we'd need to solve to make AR contact lenses into standalone devices that can replicate the full functionality of smartphones--including working at least a whole day without recharging. Packing that much capability into a contact lens, and making it efficient enough to not burn (or at least not discomfort) your corneas with excess heat is a major technical challenge. 

By 2045, I predict that AR glasses will have surmounted those technical problems, as will VR glasses, visors/faceplates, and perhaps other types of large eyewear, but augmented contact lenses will need to offload their data processing and probably energy storage to other, larger devices carried by the user. 

Also, keep in mind that there are some people who just don't like wearing contact lenses or even glasses. They will use smartphones in 2045.  

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

I think traditional phones like the ones we use will still be around even if their somewhat obsolete, but the design changes will stop and they'll become more inexpensive due to diminishing returns.. Similar to what happened with TV's because there wasn't much room for improvement. 

I predict you'll be able to just go to walmart and buy an "iPhone" for $99.99. It's just a sleek rectangle. You don't need a case due to materials improvements; though it's not indestructible it is fully waterproof and you can drop it 20 feet onto concrete and it'll be fine. All your data is instantly transferred from your google account. The display is likely holographic, giving the illusion that it has 'depth'. The camera is much more powerful as todays top-of-the-line cameras that photographers use, allowing you to take perfect photos, even when zoomed in over 8x. AI built in has become so advanced, you can simply just talk to it naturally and tell it to do whatever or ask it whatever. It will likely have up to 1 Exabyte of space (1 million TB) and up to 8 Petabytes of memory, but models will be sold that have less.

One thing I think is that this will be where most of your physical hardware is held. Like you can just walk up to a screen and seamlessly connect your phone to it. Or just a keyboard if you want to type something, and it can project a perfect display. The laptop is kindof obsolete, but keyboards are still useful so they'll probably still be around.

I don't think the physical phone will go away because not only have we become so used to them, but there are limits to how much information you can store in a contact lens. Also many people wouldn't like the idea of putting that shit on their eyes. I also don't really like the way glasses feel. And although neural interfaces will exist at that point, I don't see culture changing enough in just 26 years to where people are running to the apple store to get nanites injected into their brain. It's gonna be longer than that to sort through the red-tape, the culture change, and work out all the kinks,

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

Kynareth

Kynareth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

iBrain implant for million of people, probably with 10,000x higher computing efficiency than iPhone 11. A miliwatt chip will provide about 10 teraops of computation. Wirelessly connected to the cloud with exaops and petabytes. Just like new iPhones would be crazy advanced in 1993, 2045 information technology appears as far-fetched science-fiction from today's standpoint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users