Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Does the boy without a brain prove a soul might exist?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Maximum7

Maximum7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
This came across me in my readings and I have (among other obsessions) a desire to find proof of a soul. This boy Noah Wall was basically born without a brain and the brain controls EVERYTHING about us. Yet he lacks one? Is a brain not necessary to survive. Are you more than just grey matter?

https://www.cbc.ca/p...ves-playing-mar

Maximum7

Maximum7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Wait. It apparently grew a few months later but he was STILL born without it.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

this has all the hallmarks of poor reporting. Hydrocephalus is water on the brain. It'd be really hard to have the condition without a brain.

it also states that his life functions were maintained via his brain stem which would account for way more than 2% of the brain. but even then it's often referred to as a reptile brain, because in very primative animals that's a larger part of all the brain that develops.

past that point I can only offer speculation about brain development and self being a function of emergent patterns of thought within a fractal matrix which any percentage of a brain stem would contain the seed for.

• Maximum7 likes this
Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users