Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How do hologram avatar from the avatar 2045 project work and mean ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
In the avatar 2045 project there are 4 avatar bodies. The avatar A a robotic copy controled by brain computer interface,the avatar B a avatar where a human brain is transplanted and keep alive ,avatar C a full robotic body where the human consciousness is transfered .
Then a hologram avatar D or nanorobotic body which is composed of nanobots that take any form .
But i dont understand what they mean by hologram body avatar and how it work ?
Can you explain it to me please ?

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
What do you think , do you have any information about ?

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
?

Archimedes

Archimedes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Doesn't really matter. The project looks dead.

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Why ?

Archimedes

Archimedes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Why ?

Don't ask me why it's dead, ask someone who actually worked for them.

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
You are wrong , scientists in the past had keeping an animal without body by a system that keep it alive with nutriments and oxygen.
And other avatar (a,b,c,d) bodies techs are advancing

Archimedes

Archimedes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

You are wrong , scientists in the past had keeping an animal without body by a system that keep it alive with nutriments and oxygen.

Since you're so insistent, a "hologram body" makes absolutely zero sense. A hologram is a three-dimensional image made by the interference of light sources. You can't have a physical "body" made out of a hologram, because it's just a bunch of light beams (this also means it can't form a computing substrate).

And yes, the 2045 project does look dead. Tech itself might be advancing, but everyone stopped giving a care about GF 2045 years ago.

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Since you're so insistent, a "hologram body" makes absolutely zero sense. A hologram is a three-dimensional image made by the interference of light sources. You can't have a physical "body" made out of a hologram, because it's just a bunch of light beams (this also means it can't form a computing substrate).

And yes, the 2045 project does look dead. Tech itself might be advancing, but everyone stopped giving a care about GF 2045 years ago.
In labs researchers create molecule of light that is tangible.

Archimedes

Archimedes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

https://xkcd.com/285/

Since an image is worth a thousand words.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,705 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

https://xkcd.com/285/

Since an image is worth a thousand words.

Actually, I know this sounds like hot bullshit, but I distinctly remember this myself. It's really a thing! 

Fairy Lights in Femtoseconds: Tangible Holographic Plasma (SIGGRAPH)

Of course, it's nowhere near as useful as Mr.posthuman might think— it can't be used for computing or really anything besides moving some objects around as a novelty, but it's definitely a real technology.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

as I remember it the project was focussed on incrimental advancement of the forms we take. starting with essentially a remote control puppet we could control with our minds through a interface. Think like the movie Surrogates, with bruce willis.

The second form was to transplant our brains into surrogate style robot bodies. Think along the lines of Ghost in the shell.

the third form was to upload our minds out of meat brains into robotic brains that are implanted in robotic bodies.

and lastly they are not exactly clear on this one but it sounds like the implication is that once we can upload our brains, and exist digitally that our ability to move to any place in the world or solar system will be like any other program and that we would interact with the physical world and living people predominantly as holographic beings. More like the Doctor from Star Trek Voyager. They don't seem to have suggested whether or not the holograms could interact with the environment or simply just be a projection.

I personally doubt that we will achieve anything like option 3 and 4 before the century is out. I've not seen any credible evidence that we can be extracted from our meat completely and still remain us. brain controlled puppets, yes, sure. Ghost in the shell style brain cases and cybernetic bodies, pretty good odds we will eventually crack that before 2100. uploading... no proof that the brain-mind works like that in the least. BUT, if that does work, frankly a holographic puppet for your digital brain is pretty simple.

Frankly that last one seems kind of backwards. If I can puppet anything from brain interfaces, holograms would be the first step, them surrogate bodies then transplant my brain into one of those bodies, and eventually uploading ones mind where any one of those bodies I want I could send my digital self to and take over, or just project a holo-puppet.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users