Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thinking in Reverse

google amazon apple boston dynamics alexa nest robotics AI artifical intelligence humanoid

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

quantumdoc

quantumdoc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I wanted to open up this topic to discussion and hear your thoughts:

GOAL:

lets say a company was created and its main goal was to develop the first autonomous humanoid AI and the goal was to make it the most brilliant being on earth capable of knowing anything and everything. it would have superhuman strength with bionics allowing it to be faster, stronger, and utilities within it to see and hear using all known technology out there. its eyes could scan your retina and zoom in to your fingerprints to immediately know who you are. additionally, it had a computer within it that could have all the knowledge of the internet and processing and storage speeds at a quantum level. it could make use of any system available online and easily tap into it to assist it on any task it choses. think of all the practical applications this "new tech" could bring to humanity. better yet, the profitability it cold bring to the company. it would be a whole new era.

DATA COLLECTION:

now, what would be the infant stages of this project? lets see...first, lets start on data collection. what are the sources that can be used, and once gathered, computed into a central source this humanoid can grab? well, the internet is a good collective to store all the data in and once tapped in, the humanoid can certainly use it.

humanity is willingly and unknowingly, every single day, providing this data and uploading it to the central collective called the internet. every human is helping for free build this data bank. social media, photo, video and cloud storing, etc. we are typing search words specific to our interests every day. every single move we make is being recorded online specific to each of us. once entered the data is not ours anymore. home monitoring cameras are recording endless nonstop feeds and being stored in the collective internet. every single device we carry in our hand has some sort of listening device embedded, i.e. SIRI. alexa,s and devices inside our homes are recording every moment. all of this data being collected can be used by this new humanoid to learn and immediately process information about anyone it comes in contact with.

ROBOTICS:

lets develop robotics to be superhuman. mechanically, lets make it faster, stronger, using all the most resistant metal alloys and fire, water proof. lets refine it and give it a human shape. lets incorporate radar, sonar, infrared and gps guidance. lets give it bionic eyes and all known and available sensors such as facial recognition.

COMPUTING:

we will need to work on data processing and storage since this humanoid will need speed to store and access this amazing amount of data it has access to from the collective internet. what is the next evolution of computing? oh, quantum computing.

SUMMARY:

does any reader of this post have any ideas as to what companies out there seem to be working very hard on all of this almost simultaneously?

there is a company that is the largest data collection company known to man. it owned boston dynamics and helped develop the latest in robotic tech. it offered free cloud storage and email storage for all your documents, videos, photos and now bought nest, the leader in home cameras with...cloud storage. they own phones and an android platform which dominates personal devices. they recently successfully developed deep mind in which their algorithm just made the largest leap to date for AI. additionally,  they now just announced the most advanced and latest accomplishment in quantum computing. other large companies are trying to catch up because I assume they all know what era is coming in the future. every large trillion dollar company will be coming out with their own version of this humanoid.

if you agree, disagree, or just want to comment the thread, id love to have a discussion! Thanks!

"what we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning" WH

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,053 posts

This is sort of a good news bad new opening post. I suppose I would be grateful to have such a super computer available to diagnose whatever old age ailments might come my way in the near future.  Moreover, I can see why a private corporation light be able to expedite the arrival of said computer.

From the bad news perspective, I am a little stressed by the idea that this would be married to some kind of weapons grade robot.  Moreover, this robot would presumably be the property of said corporation. It was not suggested this be developed by the government or by a non-profit corporation. It would therefore not be owned and controlled in any way by the public, but only the owners of said corporation. We already have enough problems with the concentration of wealth and power in the hands of a few. Why intensify that problem? 

In case you haven't noticed, Latin America is in great turmoil right now. In no small part due to the lack of a middle class with which wealth and power is shared.  This is rapidly becoming the situation in North America as well. The problem in North America is that all you gringos don't seem to be able to appreciate that it is a problem.  You are so used to growing up in your middle class homes benefiting from your middle class situation that it does not even seem possible that the middle class may soon be annihilated.  Some may graduate to the ranks of the super rich, while (probably most) others will sink into relative poverty. There are some activists who are very tired of this growing inequality of wealth, but the danger is that they will be marginalized by a corporate elite intent on protecting their own power.  It would seem to me the priority should be addressing this inequality of wealth and power. AI won't care about this problem unless it is programmed to care about this problem. AI won't even care if it is a threat to it's very existence, again unless it is programmed to care.  

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

quantumdoc

quantumdoc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUnited States

caltrek,

thank you for replying to my post. i agree with the fear of the weapon grade capacity. 

the other issue you raised is lengthy and not my purpose for the post but i appreciate your point of view. do u think u are being a little unfair by calling all north americans, "gringos", who don't appreciate the problem in latin america?

"what we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning" WH

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,053 posts

I only meant to use the word "gringos" in the sense of people who are out of touch with Latin American culture and politics.  No insult intended.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: google, amazon, apple, boston dynamics, alexa, nest, robotics, AI, artifical intelligence, humanoid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users