Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Plants in Super Habitable Exoplanets Could Look Purple

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

alfa015

alfa015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Here some mind-blowing possibilities about the super habitable exoplanets we might explore one day:

1. The colour of the sky could be light blue, similar to the colour of the sky on Earth in summer. 

2. The oceans could be shallow, with a turquoise blue colour.

3. The vegetation could cover more regions than in Earth, and the colour of the trees could be purple. 

Do you agree with these hypotheses?

waitingforthe2030s

waitingforthe2030s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationOrion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy.

All make sense to me. I wonder what advanced life on those planets would be like, though. Would they create similar stuff to us? Would their cars resemble ours?

I'm a radical demo-publiacrat.

This is Scatman's world, and we're living in it.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,133 posts

All make sense to me. I wonder what advanced life on those planets would be like, though. Would they create similar stuff to us? Would their cars resemble ours?

Probably the cars would be very different. They'll be built in such a way that the aliens can attain a comfortable position while safely controlling the car. If they're bipedal that might be a fairly familiar shape. Depending on the size of their social units, I'd imagine cars could be built for anywhere between 1 and 20 beings rather than the 5 that is standard for human cars.

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Orion's arm has a pretty hard take on xenobiology, and it's pretty vivid.

A planet resulting from of supernovae that spewed out too many heavy elements could be filled with hydrochloric oceans, creating acid rains that make mountains not as tall as they could be, giving crystalline plants a pretty purple hue because all the green light is being scattered by the sky and sea. The creatures living there look like muscled-up mole crickets, but that's a different story.

A cold planet filled with ammonia and dry ice plains, became the home of slow-moving crab-people that came from near the galactic core. They rode on spaceships whose hull is like the insides of a freezer, using ice plates thick enough to block cosmic radiation while letting space debris simply slide off them.

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

Lucid

Lucid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

2. The oceans could be shallow, with a turquoise blue colour.

The Caribbean Sea has turquoise blue water

3. The vegetation could cover more regions than in Earth, and the colour of the trees could be purple. 

Eggplants

Hydrangea

Phosphorus deficient leaves turn purple

Everything you suggested already exists on earth, so of course it's all possible on other planets. 

Eggplants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users