Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

It is Now 100 Seconds to Midnight

apocalypse climate change bulletin of atomic scientists nukes nuclear disinformation propaganda crisis 2020

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

giphy.gif

Some music for the end of the world is only appropriate. 

A Kiss to Build a Dream on - Louis Armstrong

https://www.youtube....h?v=soF3t7cFPoc

https://thebulletin....k/current-time/

"Humanity continues to face two simultaneous existential dangers—nuclear war and climate change—that are compounded by a threat multiplier, cyber-enabled information warfare, that undercuts society’s ability to respond. The international security situation is dire, not just because these threats exist, but because world leaders have allowed the international political infrastructure for managing them to erode."

Cyber_Rebel

Cyber_Rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationNew York

hfxKdN.gif

There is still time to course correct. I remember a thread on this website which used to freak me out about all the near times actual Nuclear War could have happened by an accident or a mishap. But in the end, cooler heads prevailed over the insanity of self destruction. Self preservation is nothing else a strong motivator for even the most sordid of society.

I think 2020 will be a deciding factor for that damnable doomsday clock. The current U.S. administration, but also Putin's Russia believe (wrongly) that tactical nuclear warheads are a way to launch a winnable modern conventional war.  

This is dumb for so many reasons, but the obvious one is that the losing side is surely to escalate to using larger nukes which target key war assets or ultimately civilian centers, leading to the very large scale nuclear Armageddon that the smaller tactical nukes were supposedly going to prevent.  

In the long run, we are going to need an empowered United Nations which checks every single country on earth, including the United States and Russia, to only use nuclear power for energy needs or infrastructural development: a worldwide version of the Iran nuclear deal. I'm probably insane for hoping for this, but it's the only way. Maybe when A.I. is here, it could regulate humanity in such a way?

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Zzz...

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts
  • LocationCanada

This seconds/minutes to midnight thing is so irrelevant.

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
/\ one liners do not discredit the work of committees of scientists you boobs. Give a reason why you lads think that maybe ( ̄へ ̄)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: apocalypse, climate change, bulletin of atomic scientists, nukes, nuclear, disinformation, propaganda, crisis, 2020

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users