Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New to the Forum, Long time Futurology Fan

Noob Intro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Lister

Lister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi!

New to the Forum but not so new to Futurology. This passion started for me with a website called Dvice back in 2006 and that moved over to Engaget and so many other tech, philosophy and Futurology sources. 

I've been struggling to find a good community with an optimistic outlook and who are interested in engaging deeply in conversation about where we are and where we're going. 

I find that Futurology discussions recently are stuffed full of a lot of collapse-of-society oriented people and I struggle to side with that view of where we're going. It's an entirely understandable view given current events and the way the news portrays everything, but I just don't find that the facts and information agree with that outlook. 

I would call my mindset a "Growth Mindset". I'm always looking forward to what next big thing will create a massive amount of progress, wealth, and net-positive social benefit. Of course I keep a close eye on potential threats, but that's not my focus. I find that to be a deep dark hole people tend to fall down. 

Anyways, that's me. Hello!

SeedNotYetSprouted

SeedNotYetSprouted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

It's nice to meet you. I can appreciate someone who is able to resist the all-too-common temptation of soul-crushing pessimism that we see on many forums nowadays.

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Ever heard of the E8 Theory

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

Archimedes

Archimedes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

I take it your username is a reference to Joseph Lister? :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users