Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What types of transportation do you think us humans will be driving flying or even riding in the ocean waters in the distant future?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

JourneyToUnknown962

JourneyToUnknown962

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Future boats? ships? Traveling to different planets in a high speed shuttle/rocket outer space to see what’s out their to the moon, mars, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, etc? Flying cars? High speed fast trains that will eventually come to all countries around the world including United States how far are we from seeing this in North America? Self driving cars? Self Driving Trucks? Even a self driving ship or submarine I should dare to even say.

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
Something far more creative. My girlfriend and I were talking about how comfortable it would be to fly around in a climate controlled soap bubble. Put a few cushions on the floor and mozy about. This is clarktech though and likely millenia away.

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

If I'll be the one calling the shots, I'd like to have a kugelblitz drive inside my own body. That kugelblitz drive will be shielded with its own folded spacetime such that all light will be reflected back to it, but that shielding should have configurable properties so that I can feed it or extract usable hawking radiation from it. With that in mind, I'll be an intergalactic soul surfer cruising naked from one cluster to the next.

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

I don't think flying cars will ever be practical. We'll use ever-more-advanced versions of existing vehicles, such as passenger cars, planes, and boats. 

In the far future, travel as we know it will get less common because we will have advanced telepresence technology. Basically, you will remote-control a robot that is thousands of miles away from you, and it will seem like you're there. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users