Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sorry last topic for awhile when will we have technology for a time machine?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

JourneyToUnknown962

JourneyToUnknown962

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
A time machine to fix past events help save people and others events like 9/11 JFK, MLK, Malcolm X, different figures even Princess Diana? Mass Shootings? Natural Disasters? Bring back extinct animals?

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Well this may be impossible. There are some theories on how time traveling to the past may be possible but they involve forming a 'loop' where you go back to the start of the loop. The problem is that you have to create the loop, before you can travel back to it. So you can't travel to any point prior to the invention of the loop being created. I suppose it is theoretically possible that you could travel into space, find an alien civilization that created the loop prior to the existence of humans, enter the loop to go back in time, then fly back to earth. If alternative realities exist, which we don't know is true at the point, then it might be possible to go to the alternative reality in which is further back in time than our current time. This wouldn't really be time travel but it would work almost as if it were time travel.

Any way we simply don't have enough information yet. We don't even know if it is physically possible and it might not be possible. So there is no way to know when it could happen. On the bright side, bringing back extinct animals doesn't require time travel. I think finding their dna and creating those animals is something we definitely can do. I actually think if we ignored all moral implications of cloning extinct animals, we could probably do it with the technology we have today, though people are a bit more cautious than that.

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
/\ +1

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Even if you have a solid foundation of chaos theory and quantum gravity, your best bet is on creating a localized area wherein you can rewind or fast forward the progression of quantum interactions. Applying that on the scale of an entire planet would eat up a sun. Nevertheless, its more sensible to just learn and not repeat such horribly inefficient ways of handling social/political/psychological affairs.

It's so much better to put brain-monitoring tech on every member of our advanced civilization which will cross-reference every need and want to regulate the flow of resources. To hasten the actual regulation, we also have to learn spacetime entanglement and achieve the illusion of instantaneous information travel. Imagine sending qubits a light year away as it arrives a light year before. Not just data, but energy and even whole objects can be sent.

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

moderate_ai

moderate_ai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Never. This is like asking when will we have the technology to make the value of pi 3 instead of 3.14. You can't do that without changing the fundamental definition of pi. As it is with time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users