In the real world, Earth actually rotates counterclockwise from east to west. Now, what would happen if a fictional Earth instead rotated from north to south or vice versa?
- Instead of having north and south poles, Earth would have east and west poles.
- Instead of rising in the east and setting in the west, the sun would rise in the north and set in the south or vice versa on Earth.
- Instead of having opposite seasons in the northern and southern hemispheres, Earth would have opposite seasons in the eastern and western hemispheres.
- Instead of basing time zones on longitude, they would be based on latitude.
- The parallels would be lines of longitude rather than lines of latitude.
- The meridians, intersecting at the poles, would be lines of latitude rather than lines of longitude.
- The (flattened) map of Earth would be portrait rather than landscape.