Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Incorrecting other people

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,074 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

Can't find your other post and the derailment needs to stop but the discussion is an important one.

Ero- mate, you are Barking WAAAy up the wrong tree.

The literal post you took offense to was a comment about stepping back from Nationalist perspective and group think to not represent others as the other Team. Then to elaborate, the fact that groups build a sense of identity and brand and also who isn't part of the group, collections of people who self identify as said groups were posted. There was no equation of Scientologists with Yuppies, or (self identifying) Red Necks, with sociopaths.

Your knee jerk reactionary response has somehow made you unable to grasp that the post literally said that people grouping themselves together and creating group think is a negative aspect that I am encouraging posters to stop by self examining their thoughts about a topic and other people with different perspectives and acknowledge that the thoughts one might have on those may not be one based on facts or observable evidence, but instead by a script one picks up from a group to which you belong.

How you keep twisting that to be my, calling (again self identified) Red Necks, the same as serial killers; I literally have no F-ing idea.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

You literally put them in the same catagory as racists and sociopaths right here in a non-academic context. 

No I did not. If you had any reading comprehension at all, you could see the post was talking about groups which have perspectives that that cloud their ability to see other groups perspectives with their own Bias.

The listed group identities were not give a value set, or equated. The list of groups was literally a wide list of groups, not a grouping at all. And your insistance that they are is your own failing. You want to talk about the topic set up another topic, and stop derailing this one to assert your ignorance and misunderstandings.

lol, nope. US, is a third world country full of backward rednecks, racists, and sociopaths. The frat boys that imagine themselves the kings over the serfs are staggeringly ignorant and massive fuckups, riding on the achievements on people who came long before, sucking the life out of the country like swarm of leeches.

Bruh. How else am I supposed to read this? Out of the three "rednecks" "racists" and "sociopaths" two are clearly labeled bad by society in general. Am I just supposed to disconnect the other one being "rednecks?" Why would you put them in the same list if they weren't supposed to be categorized in the same way as the other two? The sentence is then followed by comparing another group to a "swarm of leeches." Am I supposed to read this as if the second sentence in the paragraph is completely disconnected from the first one? I think it's clear to anyone who can read what's implied about "rednecks" here. 

Lol, nope. UK, is a third world country full of backward chavs, bigots, and murderers. The preppies that imagine themselves the kings over the serfs are staggeringly ignorant and massive fuckups, riding on the achievements on people who came long before, sucking the life out of the country like a swarm of leeches.

EDIT: This is a cross post from the other thread. 

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

How you keep twisting that to be my, calling (again self identified) Red Necks, the same as serial killers; I literally have no F-ing idea.

This is how 

lol, nope. US, is a third world country full of backward rednecks, racists, and sociopaths. The frat boys that imagine themselves the kings over the serfs are staggeringly ignorant and massive fuckups, riding on the achievements on people who came long before, sucking the life out of the country like swarm of leeches.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 3,074 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

again you are cherry picking. The rest of the whole post includes a random selection of other groups.

Think about what you are doing here. You literally have yourself tweaking out because you don't like one word being close to another word out a list of many words split throughout a post about NOT allowing group identity to tell bias you against another group.

Literally you would have had no problem had the word republican been the one in that place instead of later? Seriously. does that not suggest that you are maybe projecting and reading way too much into this. And the only reason I'm not dismissing you outright with this type of argument is that you keep misrepresenting my point of talking about the problems of ascribing things to others who are a different group, based on your own perspective forcing you to make assumptions of others.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

I can't like comments, so I'll state that I'm behind Ero but maybe for different reasons. Nationalists, antivaxxers, flat-earthers, their world-views are stupid but it doesn't take a genius to know that they're stupid. Most of the idiots who rail against them use these groups to stroke their own egos without a real question of self-awareness that these groups are doing the same thing with them in order to maintain that groupthink, best example of this retardation is reddit where people stroke to their own intelligence emulated through a screenshot of a twitter reply dissing the "dumb people".

EDIT: Also the Dumbasses™ thread here is a perfect example of this too.

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/Gnyr3sbdKkU

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

again you are cherry picking. The rest of the whole post includes a random selection of other groups.

Think about what you are doing here. You literally have yourself tweaking out because you don't like one word being close to another word out a list of many words split throughout a post about NOT allowing group identity to tell bias you against another group.

Literally you would have had no problem had the word republican been the one in that place instead of later? Seriously. does that not suggest that you are maybe projecting and reading way too much into this. And the only reason I'm not dismissing you outright with this type of argument is that you keep misrepresenting my point of talking about the problems of ascribing things to others who are a different group, based on your own perspective forcing you to make assumptions of others.

I'm not tweaking out. I've been civil the whole time and I'm not offended. Republican isn't a historically and or currently oppressed group, it's not the same. "Rednecks" were killed and forced into financial slavery and that legacy very much hurts them today. See the Battle of Blair mountain for only one example. I'm not cherry picking. If you didn't want someone to comment on it you shouldn't have started your post with it. The statement stands on its own regardless of the rest of the post. I agree that power structures like mentioned and cultish behavior is a problem. But if I opened my posts here with casual prejudice towards a given group that people are more inclined to notice I'd get hell for it. I'm not specifically targeting you either. Your post just happened to be the one doing this and the one I felt like pointing out. I generally don't comment on 99% of the things I think are bullshit. Not just with prejudice, everything. 

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 3,074 posts

The post and everything subsequent to it asks that everybody should try to ask themselves if they keep seeing nails because they possess a hammer.

The posts greater context takes place in a conversation that assumed that the only reason people in the US would question Russian agendas was they were so certain of their own perfection as a singular Identity of America.

By designating the fact that many identities exist and that we are aware of their differences and leaving them nakedly blunt in a manner that allows the presumption if negativity or inferiority to the person addressed, is a method of exposing the assumption and bias in ones thinking. A rose by any other name... but also to a man with a hammer everything looks like a nail.

The assumption that Americans all think they are the greatest, does not hold up to scrutiny when we can acknowledge and have stated many times before that we are a mess of tribal identities with biased perspectives that parallel those who are certain that their own nation is without the complexes of USA.

The fact that some folks assert a oppressive intent  in using a group label... that the group uses for self identity, or word placement suggesting anything about a deep historical etymological origin of a groups name... suggests maybe there is a hammer being carried into the conversation.

I regularly question my intents, and perspectives, to the point that I can often be seen by those around me as not having or being clear on anything. But it's largely because I start almost always by asking myself, is it possible I'm wrong, biased or that I'm using fallacious thinking. The answer for everybody is almost certainly we are. Turns out it's pretty much unavoidable. So the important thing is to know that going in, not to try to be sterling and without fault, but to bring about awareness that where we all start is flawed, and where we end up with have a different set of flaws, but in the process increase the awareness that delusion of being Right when all else is flawed around you is how the most damage can be done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users