Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

An idea for how to measure AI development

AI AGI technological unemployment data future UBI Economics Singularity recession Communism

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

10 year march

10 year march

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

I am 90% sure I have just found the answer to something some of you may know this awnser already.

The current best measurment for determining where AI is at is the following

Global Labor force participation rate

https://data.worldba.../SL.TLF.CACT.ZS

It shows the best realistic to implement measurement on AI development as it shows the real world effects of AI on Automation of human Labour.

The lower the number the closer we are to full automation of Labour and the number 0 would mean AI is better then humans at every single economic task adjusted to price of a robot vs a human.

yes this is far from a perfect measurement for AI development we can turn it into a better measurement for AI development by adding additional calculations.

if we factor in things such as education level, GDP growth, new economic sectors as a percentage of the economy, life expectancy retirement age, hours worked per person ECT

we can start to get a accurate depiction of AI development

as I write this other ideas pop into my head for measuring Ai development such as hours worked per person between the ages of 30 - 50 (highly unlikely they are still studying or retired at those ages)

Cloned

Cloned

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationEU

The lower the number the closer we are to full automation of Labour

Gabon - 53
Sweden - 65
------------------
Now we know the truth: Gabon is more developed  then Sweden.

10 year march

10 year march

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

The lower the number the closer we are to full automation of Labour

Gabon - 53
Sweden - 65
------------------
Now we know the truth: Gabon is more developed  then Sweden.

That's why I was saying we use the global figure which is less effected by other economic indicators then other figures

Cloned

Cloned

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationEU

One indicator will return particularly inaccurate results.

There are no easy solutions when it comes to very complex things.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AI, AGI, technological unemployment, data, future, UBI, Economics, Singularity, recession, Communism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users