Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

If the sun explodes will this really be the end of human civilization or will humans find a way to make it?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

JourneyToUnknown962

JourneyToUnknown962

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I was wondering if the sun does explode or might I add in if a asteroid hits earth or we have a scenario where a whole bunch of natural disasters destroy our planet will humans find a way to survive make it somehow whether it’s here on earth or if we have to move to another planet that’s if we find other life to build our own human colonies?

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

If any of that happens now, we all die. 

I think about 100 years from now, our civilization will be advanced enough and robust enough to have a >1% chance of surviving. 

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
There are concept about entire solar system travelling through space using dyson sphere around the sun to reflect it sun radiation for propulsion for all humans on earth and solar system to travel to other stellar system

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
And then returning the sun to furthest place for it own explosion when human live in the other stellar system's planets

Black Dragonfly

Black Dragonfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

*shivers* (rather not think about)

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

There are concept about entire solar system travelling through space using dyson sphere around the sun to reflect it sun radiation for propulsion for all humans on earth and solar system to travel to other stellar system

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

It's funny that this thread should be posted right as Netflix released the new Belgium-based series Into the Night, which is a apocalyptic film that begins with the premise that the sun kills all life on Earth.  I've only seen the first episode, but so far it involves a NATO Major who hijacks a plane, telling everyone that they have to go West, away from the light.  The pilot and crew don't believe him, initially, and aren't able to confirm with the ground.  They make their way to Iceland and Scotland, and find out that he was telling the truth -- the sun is destroying the world.

It's a very gripping, addictive series.  I'm afraid I'm going to have to watch it all:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10919486/

Revolutionary Moderate

Revolutionary Moderate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, United States

Humanity will be practically safe from extinction once a colony on Mars becomes self-sufficient, but this could take a while, possibly until it has been terraformed. Establishing colonies of other worlds will lessen the chances of extinction even further. And we are closing in to the day humans first step on Mars and humanity officially becomes a multi-planetary species, which I await with baited breath and great joy.

The Potato Praiser 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users