Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question about immortality

life extension far future

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Ericthetrekkie

Ericthetrekkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMiami, USA

I remember reading on the actual FutureTimeline site that there's a chance that the aging process could end up being halted or even reversed starting around the 2050s or 2060s. I was born in 2002. If this proves true, what will happen to me if I can afford those treatments? Would I just be stuck in my early 60s forever, or would I eventually be able to revert back to my 20s or 30s?

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

You would eventually be able to revert back to your 20s or 30s. 

On a long enough timeline, you would be able to reconfigure your physical form into something nonhuman if you wanted. 

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Immortality implies your body will never get destroyed no matter what happens to it.

What we're really discussing here is aging reversal.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
By lenghting your cells 's telomeres you could regain your youthful state again. And with anti aging molecules like nad+ and nmn you could repair your age damaged cells's dna .

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I suppose that a full quantum computer simulation of human cells at the atomic level with interaction with its environment could allow a better understanding of the mechanism of biology and chemistry and physics of human cell and the system of aging and disease and how to reverse ,repair and fight it by experimenting different anti aging drugs and molecules to it .

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Immortality implies your body will never get destroyed no matter what happens to it.

We could use ultra strong material as body clothes protecting us from accident or murder .i remember an article about an inventor who had invented a material called starlite that resist 70 times a nuclear blast shock explosion that so cool !

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

We could use ultra strong material as body clothes protecting us from accident or murder .i remember an article about an inventor who had invented a material called starlite that resist 70 times a nuclear blast shock explosion that so cool !

But that doesn't stop you from getting pulled apart in a black hole. Immortality means never be destroyed regardless of what happens. Unless you're God, that's impossible.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,218 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Mr. Posthuman's comment reminded me of that YouTuber who recreated Starlite. Should really post that video...

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Starlite material had been forgetten its inventor die and never reveal its composition

Mr.posthuman

Mr.posthuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

But that doesn't stop you from getting pulled apart in a black hole. Immortality means never be destroyed regardless of what happens. Unless you're God, that's impossible.
unless we create an anti gravity material and anti pression material

Revolutionary Moderate

Revolutionary Moderate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, United States

Once we can produce human organs, immortality would be technically possible, although our brains may prevent this. However, we would still be stuck in our flimsy bodies. 

The Potato Praiser 

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Once we can produce human organs, immortality would be technically possible, although our brains may prevent this. However, we would still be stuck in our flimsy bodies. 

Errm.... do you realize human organs are mortal, right?

What's the point of achieving immortality by manufacturing human organs when commonly occurring natural phenomenon can vaporize every square inch of our bodies, literally leaving nothing left? 

Enter Ataraxia

Enter Ataraxia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Location+0° 2′ 46.2″, 179° 56′ 39.4″ 7.9E2+/-420parsecs

Hey @Ericthetrekkie, mitigating the effects of aging or extending life is certainly an intricate topic. The biological processes underlying aging are not fully comprehended and, as a result, there is no current drug, device, or procedure that directly prolongs an already healthy individual's life. Some potential avenues that have been explored contemporaneously involve pharmaceuticals or transfusion of blood or other substances. Perhaps in the future nano-scale, coordinated robots could repair our organs continuously or infusions of certain genetically engineered bacteria could cease age-related deterioration of our physical entities. I'd imagine that if you weren't barred from the hypothetical reverse-aging succor of the 2050's or 2060's you would certainly not begin to look like your 20-30 year old self but you'd begin to feel that way. The epigentic changes that your body incurred over your lifetime would remain, in addition to the physical marks of your life such as scars and wrinkles, but your cognitive faculties, cell reparation and regeneration, and energy levels would most likely increase.

"Utopia is the hope that the scattered fragments of good that we come across from time to time in our lives can be put together, one day, to reveal the shape of a new kind of life. The kind of life that yours should have been." - Bostrom

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: life extension, far future

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users