Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you think it’s possible we can live in a world like Star Wars, lord of the rings, Star Trek, terminator in the future?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

JourneyToUnknown962

JourneyToUnknown962

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Is it possible that humans could one day possible live in a world if the technology is very much advanced if the tech even gets that far advanced that we be in a world like Harry Potter, lord of the rings, Star Wars, Star Trek, terminator, planet of the apes if animals take Over the human race, battlestar gallactica? IRobot with Will Smith, I am Legend with Will Smith when zombies took over earth, Alien movies, predator movies, alien invasion type movies a world like that, World War Z, Jupiter ascending, divergent, transformers, Alita Battle Angel, or is this just fantasy or science fiction?

JourneyToUnknown962

JourneyToUnknown962

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Sorry for double posting but also different mythology worlds not just Greek mythology but other mythology eras in other countries, King Arthur, pirates of the Caribbean, Vikings like Thor could we live in a world similar to these movies also they could become reality in real life we could have Kings, queens, princes, princesses, captains, wizards, witches, Frankenstein, Dracula, wolf man, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Bigfoot, Loch Ness, etc.

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Is it possible that humans could one day possible live in a world if the technology is very much advanced if the tech even gets that far advanced that we be in a world like Harry Potter, lord of the rings, Star Wars, Star Trek, terminator, planet of the apes if animals take Over the human race, battlestar gallactica? IRobot with Will Smith, I am Legend with Will Smith when zombies took over earth, Alien movies, predator movies, alien invasion type movies a world like that, World War Z, Jupiter ascending, divergent, transformers, Alita Battle Angel, or is this just fantasy or science fiction?

Here are feasibility analyses of several of those movies:

https://www.militant...the-terminator/

https://www.militant...ator-dark-fate/

https://www.militant...review-i-robot/

https://www.militant...iter-ascending/

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Well I would think the easiest way to see all this happening is with virtual reality. I could see with the advancement of virtual reality, people would recreate all these worlds for entertainment. Sufficiently advanced virtual reality, would feel and look the same as real life, so be playing in VR you would be in effect living in that world. While it might be possible, I think building an entire planet or something to based off a book/movie is a bit impractical. So I think VR is the way to go with these sort of things.

Kynareth

Kynareth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

No. The future and technological progress isn't intuitive and doesn't take the form of old-school mass entertainment. 2200 will look nothing like movies. Books are more likely candidates, some had pretty nifty ideas. Of all these, "I, Robot" seems to be the most probable. Some things like autonomous vehicles will be of course present and similar in 2035 or later.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

No. The future and technological progress isn't intuitive and doesn't take the form of old-school mass entertainment. 2200 will look nothing like movies. Books are more likely candidates, some had pretty nifty ideas. Of all these, "I, Robot" seems to be the most probable. Some things like autonomous vehicles will be of course present and similar in 2035 or later.

The OP obviously means some kind of virtual reality. And yeah, if you could figure out a way to pay for the upkeep of your body or get rid of it entirely, it should be possible to spend all of your life in a detailed virtual reality world.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,081 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

I don't know. Plenty of people genuinely think that sci-fi and fantasy movies ought to be possible with advanced technology. Even the timeline itself says that future humans will be indistinguishable from superheroes, and we've gotten several threads deep in the past that asked if superpowers were possible.

VR is clearly the way to do it, but too many people think it is just a compromise.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

tomasth

tomasth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Why a compromise ? If you emulate an old computer to play a game for it , it does not look like a compromise if it runs just as well.

If all the expectation of "future humans will be indistinguishable from superheroes" are met with simulation , does it matter that its in a simulation ? its like the simulation hypothesis , most thing will remain the same , its just the knowledge about what below that changes.

It you make a new ideal that can encompass an old one , then the old one can supervene on the better one without a compromise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users