Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How do you prepare to survive during this crisis?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Setner

Setner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

First, sorry for my bad English.

The main reason - there is no new niches anymore. During the 90s there were games and computers industries, during the 00s there were mobile and online industries. I feel like now there is no new areas to work for many people. Maybe, medical research can be one, but it's too hard to get a job there. Also - ML can be one, but it's hard to find any ideas for ML apps for a lot of people.

So, I always consider the worst case. In that case I prepare for high unemployment everywhere. My family has a small house with a garden in a village and I prepare to go there for the next years. I think to grow buckwheat there because buckwheat has a lot of vitamins and almost has anything what our bodies need. The only problem - how to get real money (not so much, but enough to buy some really needful stuff). It seems that in the modern world there is no any method to get real money even if the person tries hard (big competition everywhere). As I said - I consider the worst way (social darwinism).

I want to survive for the next years because I want to see new discoveries (on medial research, in general). I admit the idea of reincarnation and this life (probable) - the only life from billions of my previous and next reincarnations (as insects, animals, primitive people and other creatures) where I have a chance to get out from this reincarnation circle. I know that sounds weird, but we all live in a weird reality, you know.

I checked current possibilities to make real money in social darvinism (I don't want to rob other people because those people are slaves of Nature, as me. Other people are unfortunate brothers and sisters for me).

Offline job/freelance. - Big competition.
Create sites/apps/small games. - Too small money and too big chance don't get any profit.

I think to do a non-small game in the next years, but I'm not sure this can bring a profit in the future. New unique content is cheap now, many people do new unique content now for free or for small money.

Maybe you have some other ideas, suggestions or some other information how to survive for the next years. I would be glad to hear you. Thanks!

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

You better hope your own government is considering basic income to support you during the unemployment chaos caused by COVID-19.

Otherwise, you'll need to seriously consider expanding that garden your family has. No one is hiring.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,908 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

People are desperately hiring in my area, actually. 

The fools!

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

People are desperately hiring in my area, actually. 

The fools!

I was thinking high-paying jobs, but yeah there's still some hiring going on in some parts of the country. For one, Amazon is hiring like crazy so there's that.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users