Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

In the future could we upscale 2D content into a 3D scene (link below)?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Metalane

Metalane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

https://www.digitalt...k-story-behind/

I just recently learned about this mind-blowing tech (as linked above), and I thought of something. Could we use future AI and this holographic tech to potentially upscale old and traditional 2D movies and such into a holographic scene that can be observed from all angles (just like this tech)?

We can already upscale resolution and frame-rate for practically any piece of cinema now so I really do hope we can do the same with this! 

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

I think so.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,382 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

I'm sure that'll happen at some point in the future. It will require a more robust A.I. system than we have now to make this workable on a big scale.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Metalane

Metalane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

I think so.

I'm sure that'll happen at some point in the future. It will require a more robust A.I. system than we have now to make this workable on a big scale.

Oh man, the possibilities are insane! Literally, this'll be the biggest display tech breakthrough since the traditional display was first invented! Within 10 or so years from I'm sure they'll have this tech using a much thinner panel, a much bigger screen, and also much cheaper production cost. Not to mention making the depth affect even more convincing.

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Just as we're able to colorize black-and-white movies, and to do so with increasingly convincing results, so will we be able to convert 2D movies into 3D. Raklian is right that AIs will need to do the work, not humans. 

We'll also be able to greatly sharpen the quality of old photos and films, and to sharpen their sounds and even add convincing sounds to silent footage. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users