Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Poll do you thing stopping Ageing or AGI will come first?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think stopping ageing or AGI will come first? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think stopping ageing or AGI will come first?

1. Ageing will be stopped first (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. AGI will be made first (13 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

10 year march

10 year march

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
I've started reducing how much I care about politics in exchange for caring more about AGI/AI again.

I was thinking maybe stopping ageing will come before AGi and I want to focus my news reading on what will come out first as both these things would give me a high probability of living untill the singularity.

Edit I'm on three hours sleep and seem unable to word this post correctly I hope you understand what I'm saying

lechwall

lechwall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationSunny England

I voted AGI. I mean we have an AI that can defeat the world Go Champion yet we're sheltered indoors from a virus we have no ability to treat which shows the progress of Computer Science vs Biological Science.

"The future will be better tomorrow.  If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure.   For NASA, space is still a high priority. The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. No, not our nation's, but in World War II. I mean, we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century, but in this century's history. Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child. We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."  Dan Quayle

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

I think of AGI as a 2020s technology (possibly early 20s) and stopping aging as a 2030s or 2040s technology. Theoretically, anyway, as in that would be the case if everyone was in agreement and wanted those things to exist and be used; I don't know how societal pushback would impact things.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,244 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Might be a close one. If AGI comes first, stopping aging won't be long coming in after since AGI will be used to crack the "code of aging".

With AGI, it may be possible a discovery to the seemingly intractable problem of aging may happen in someone's mom's basement or in some discrepant garage somewhere in rural country, in the same way Microsoft or Google was founded. Millions of people will be utilizing AGI in different, clever ways to solve all sorts of problems at once.  

What are you without the sum of your parts?

10 year march

10 year march

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

as voting has slowed down I put my vote in the 9th vote on AGI.

I suppose I will focus on keeping up with AI instead of anti ageing tech.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users