Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Effects of indefinite lifespans on cultural stagnation

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
As for motivational theory and stagnation over centuries. I personally don't buy it as a general rule. Yes, I've seen a lot of people stagnate but I've also seen a lot of people change rapidly and drastically. I think the statement should be changed to "some" people is all I'm driving at. Now we can argue that some are destined to change like that due to their, biases, genetics, social influences, etc. But if some are predisposed to change a lot over their lives that shows that stagnation isn't a general rule. Eghgug, this is far too wordy. In short, if motivational theory applies in this way and suggests stagnation as a general rule. Why do some old people change drastically? What's the ratio? How would cultural influences affect this ratio?

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

As for motivational theory and stagnation over centuries. I personally don't buy it as a general rule. Yes, I've seen a lot of people stagnate but I've also seen a lot of people change rapidly and drastically. I think the statement should be changed to "some" people is all I'm driving at. Now we can argue that some are destined to change like that due to their, biases, genetics, social influences, etc. But if some are predisposed to change a lot over their lives that shows that stagnation isn't a general rule. Eghgug, this is far too wordy. In short, if motivational theory applies in this way and suggests stagnation as a general rule. Why do some old people change drastically? What's the ratio? How would cultural influences affect this ratio?

I guess it's necessarily a definition of what we mean by stagnation.

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/Gnyr3sbdKkU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users