Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Civilian teleportation and the future of vehicles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday

Hi people!

It is been a while since my last post

Do you guys think that when civilian teleportation become widespread in the far future vehicles like cars and airplanes(which may not have wings and turbines anymore due to antigravity technology) will become obsolete or very rare? Or will most people be afraid of teleporters?

But what if teleportation is achieved through warmholes rather than star trek style teleporters which will turn a person into data and use entranglement to send them where they want?

SeedNotYetSprouted

SeedNotYetSprouted

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Well, if wormholes can be achieved through wormholes that can be opened up at a person's location, then I guess that many people, especially digital people, will be using those.

However, this won't lead to the extinction of cars and planes; in fact, it will lead to a Cambrian explosion of vehicles like cars and planes. If you can open up wormholes without requiring all  the energy in the universe, you must have the capacity for some divine energy efficiency. Cars and planes are shaped the way they are today because their current shapes allow them to move the most with the least amount of energy. If energy efficiency is exponentially increased, then worlds of expression and creativity are opened up with regards to how one can shape things. In fact, you could have wheels that switched to legs, or rigid wings that switched to animal wings. You could monocycles, or airships shaped like a giant box.

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday

Well, if wormholes can be achieved through wormholes that can be opened up at a person's location, then I guess that many people, especially digital people, will be using those.

However, this won't lead to the extinction of cars and planes; in fact, it will lead to a Cambrian explosion of vehicles like cars and planes. If you can open up wormholes without requiring all  the energy in the universe, you must have the capacity for some divine energy efficiency. Cars and planes are shaped the way they are today because their current shapes allow them to move the most with the least amount of energy. If energy efficiency is exponentially increased, then worlds of expression and creativity are opened up with regards to how one can shape things. In fact, you could have wheels that switched to legs, or rigid wings that switched to animal wings. You could monocycles, or airships shaped like a giant box.

Do you think that vehicles will be shaped like animals and would could be made of programmable matter or something?

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

I don't think land vehicles will ever become obsolete. For one thing, they will probably be much more energy-efficient ways to move physical objects around than using wormholes or teleporters. 

SeedNotYetSprouted

SeedNotYetSprouted

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Do you think that vehicles will be shaped like animals and would could be made of programmable matter or something?

I am sure that many vehicles will be shaped like animals, most definitely!  Programmable matter probably won't be necessary for many of them, but those who do have programmable matter will certainly be far more fluid and have more bio-mimetic ability. You could even have self-driving vehicles that constitute their own ecology when functioning in unison.

See these for examples:

And this is from the Show 'Slugterra': https://slugterra.fa...mages:_Vehicles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users