Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Democrat second impeachment attempt after election due to mail voting problems

Trump Biden Democrats Republicans Harris Kamala Election Impeachment Fraud Vote

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

10 year march

10 year march

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
Regardless if it is rigged or not I'm quietly confident if Trump wins the election democrats will seek to impeach him again claiming he ruined mail in voting.

Make this a current event after it happens 😉

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,572 posts
  • LocationLondon

Is this thread-worthy? I don't think it is.

10 year march

10 year march

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
I think their will be a second impeachment based on Trumps real or perceived mail fraud.

Its a prediction I am stating about the future my thoughts are largely inspired by seeing many people saying Trumps trying to rig the mail voting and their reactions to him doing so including yourself

I can reword the thread if you want.

I do think this will happen so it would be cool for this prediction to turn true and become a thread I don't claim this prediction as my own

Cyber_Rebel

Cyber_Rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationNew York

I'm so sick of politics... as for this prediction, the "dear leader" would deserve jail time for mail fraud, but unfortunately impeachment wouldn't work given the horrendously shameful GOP. The first time has taught us that, unless the Dems swept the Senate, which I doubt happening. 

As for this thread: https://www.futureti...nd-discussions/ This dumbass certainly doesn't warrant two, so please contain Trump's bullshit into one single mega-thread of shit.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 11,509 posts

On the question of whether Trump and his allies can and will tip the election via sabotaging mail in voting is this interesting Mother Jones article:

How Scared You Should Be About the Postal Service and the 2020 Election

https://www.motherjo...rvice-election/

Extract:

(Mother Jones) President Trump appeared to admit last week…that he was blocking funds for the United States Postal Service because he believes doing so will boost his odds of reelection.

…his threat to block congressional Democrats’ request for $25 billion in emergency Postal Service funding made little sense. “They don’t have the money to do the universal mail-in voting,” he said at a White House coronavirus briefing. “So, therefore, they can’t do it, I guess.” But that hunch is misguided: It’s states—not the federal government—that are responsible for election procedures, and right now, only nine states are automatically sending registered voters a request for absentee ballots. In other words, Trump appeared to be blocking critical funding for a government agency, thus stalling coronavirus relief negotiations, out of a misplaced paranoia that Democrats would have the power to install a national mail-in voting system.

…As Russell Berman writes in the Atlantic, much of the peril rests with Louis DeJoy, a Trump megadonor recently appointed postmaster general, for making changes that have likely contributed to the significant postal delays across the country. DeJoy has prohibited overtime work, directed workers to leave late-arriving mail for the following day, and instituted larger organizational restructurings—actions that could delay mail-in voting just when the demand for ballots is skyrocketing.

….The Postal Service appears to have…moved to end to its longstanding practice of treating election mail with priority, no matter the postage rate, explains Tammy Patrick, a senior adviser at the nonprofit Democracy Fund. “This year, at this moment, is the first time that the Postal Service has changed how they talk about that,” Patrick says. Democrats are now accusing DeJoy of forcing states, already cash-strapped by the pandemic, to pay higher rates to ensure on-time delivery. 

…. More states are implementing temporary changes aimed at making voting more accessible, such as sending mail-in ballots to all registered voters and formally asking courts to extend deadlines for mail-in voting….But the best thing voters can do to ensure their ballots are counted, Patrick says, is simply to act as early as possible. “If we can get voters to request their ballot early, and return it early or through an in-person drop-off kind of alternative, then none of this matters,” Patrick says.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 11,509 posts

Trump Faces Class Action Over Mail Slowdown Ahead of Election

https://www.courthou...-mail-slowdown/

Extract:

MANHATTAN (Courthouse News) — Days after President Trump confirmed that his deliberate withholding of funds will make it harder for people to vote with absentee ballots in the November election, he was hit Monday with a federal class action.

…Along with state Senator Alessandra Biaggi, Assembly candidates Chris Burdick and Stephanie Keegan, as well as the voters, (Mondaire) Jones (Democratic nominee for the 17th Congressional District) notes that the result so far of the unexplained destruction of at least 671 mail-sorting machines across the country has reduced the Postal Service’s capacity to process mail “by more than 21.4 million pieces of mail per hour.” (Emphasis in original.)

“The burden of this diminished capacity falls wildly differently across various states and areas — and seems, at least in part, targeted at either (1) locations in states where the general election will likely be close or (2) major cities, likely to skew Democratic, that will impact the national popular vote tally,” the lawsuit states. 

….“Multiple sources within the Postal Service … have personally witnessed the machines, which cost millions of dollars, being destroyed or thrown in the dumpster,” Vice News reported

One effect of eliminating the machines is to make it more likely that absentee ballots will not receive a proper postmark, which is usually necessary for a ballot to be counted, the plaintiffs allege. 

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 11,509 posts

Post Office Chief Suspends Controversial Changes Until After Election

https://www.npr.org/...-hearing-friday

Introduction:

(NPR) Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has announced he will suspend the controversial changes he instituted to the U.S. Postal Service until after the November election.

"To avoid even the appearance of any impact on election mail, I am suspending these initiatives until after the election is concluded," DeJoy said in a statement.

He said that between now and Election Day, retail hours at post offices will not change, no mail processing facilities will be closed, mail processing equipment and collection boxes will remain in place, and overtime for workers will be approved when needed.

DeJoy also announced he would "engage standby resources" as of Oct. 1 "to satisfy any unforeseen demand."

It's not clear from his statement whether the post office will replace sorting equipment that has already been taken offline or transferred, but DeJoy emphasized that existing processing and collection equipment will not be affected until after the election and that the post office will be able to handle the volume of mail expected as many more Americans cast votes by mail this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 11,509 posts

Still 'Miles to Go' to Ensure a Safe and Fair Election, Rights Groups Say After DeJoy Announces Suspension of Changes to Mail Operations

https://www.commondr...dejoy-announces

Extract:

(Common Dreams) Civil rights advocates vowed to continue fighting to thwart any attempt by the Trump administration to sabotage the U.S. Postal Service and the 2020 general election on Tuesday, after Postmaster General Louis DeJoy announced he would "suspend" changes to post office operations until after the November election….

Other advocates focused mainly on what was missing from DeJoy's statement—any assurance that the postmaster general will reverse the changes already made to the postal service.

"DeJoy ordered USPS to remove 671 mail sorting machines by end of September, including 24 in Ohio, 11 in Detroit, 11 in Florida, nine in Wisconsin, eight in Philadelphia and five in Arizona," tweeted "Give Us the Ballot" author Ari Berman. "Will removed mail equipment be restored? DeJoy doesn't say in [the] letter and we need answers."

Berman's call was echoed by Democratic lawmakers and other critics. (See Tweets in linked article).

Without a commitment to reinstating the mailboxes and sorting machines that have been taken out of commission already, tweeted one skeptic, DeJoy's statement is akin to a promise "not to rob any banks other than the ones I've already robbed."

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 11,509 posts

Judging from the number of news articles and the drama of developments regarding this issue, I would say that it is thread-worthy.  I am not sure that it should have been framed in terms of a possible future impeachment. In that sense, I would agree with Cyber_Rebel when he wrote,  "impeachment wouldn't work given the horrendously shameful GOP." 

At any rate, here is an article on the latest developments.

DeJoy Says USPS Won’t Reinstall More Than 600 Removed Mail Sorting Machines

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/08/dejoy-says-usps-wont-reinstall-more-than-600-removed-mail-sorting-machines/

Extract:

(Mother Jones) Embattled Postmaster General Louis DeJoy testified before the US Senate on Friday that he will not reinstall more than 600 mail sorting machines that have been removed under his leadership. Postal workers say the removal of these machines has contributed to major mail delays that could affect whether mail ballots are counted in the 2020 election.

Earlier this week, DeJoy announced that he was halting some planned changes to the USPS until after the election, following public outcry. But he will not reverse steps (such as restoring removed sorting machines) that he has already taken.

…“There is no intention to do that,” DeJoy testified. “They are not needed.”

USPS plants were ordered to remove 671 mail sorting machines that can efficiently process thousands of pieces of mail by the end of September. More than 90 percent of the machines have already been removed—and won’t be replaced.

Many of the machines have been removed in critical swing states: 59 in Florida, 58 in Texas, 34 in Ohio, 30 in Pennsylvania, 26 in Michigan, 15 in North Carolina, 12 in Virginia, 12 in Wisconsin, and 11 in Georgia. (This data was provided to Mother Jones by Jacob Bogage and Christopher Ingraham of the Washington Post, who have detailed removal of the machines.)  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trump, Biden, Democrats, Republicans, Harris, Kamala, Election, Impeachment, Fraud, Vote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users