Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What tangible products/things do you expect to come out of this GPT3 super weak/less narrow Ai development

AGI Products Ai

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

10 year march

10 year march

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
As we have kind of left narrow Ai to a more purgatory of super super dumb AGI or less narrow Ai.

What kind of tangible real world applications do you expect to see in the next few years?
(From these developments the assumption is it takes a few years for developments to translate into product/change)

I and many non Ai researchers realistically see Ai development best through tangible things or changes in the world.

PS I meant to say "super weak AGI/" in the title im annoyed at my self for messing that up probably caused by my phone's autocorrect

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Better personal assistant AIs. They will be a step below "Samantha" from the movie Her

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,382 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

It can function as a personal education assistant AI.

Rather than having teachers, using it will show you the path to achieve the knowledge and skill in a field you're interested in with the possibility of changing one's mind to which the assistant will adjust its guidance accordingly. Do away with assembly line-era anachronistic teachers and classrooms beyond elementary/primary school which are a waste of money and resources, IMO.

Instead of schools, we can construct building complexes that specialize in whatever discipline we're interested in, and the AI assistant can recommend visiting there to study a particular skill and do hands-on exercises under the assistant's live tutelage. Other times, we can visit other "discipline complexes" after the assistant recommends to do so in order to learn a requisite skill or knowledge while following a knowledge map plan, like completing the levels within the Khan Academy's math knowledge map.

The possibilities are endless.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AGI, Products, Ai

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users