Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Full dive vr via bci

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

futurist123

futurist123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
How long do you think it'll be before full dive vr is available via bci? I've heard predictions ranging from 10 years-to never. Personally i believe it could be about 50 years away before it's released.

Tempus

Tempus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Nobody knows if it will be possible to develop this technology with BCIs. In principle, we would need BCIs for reading and writing, something that will help people with very serious health problems, and much, much later, recreational applications may emerge. We are talking about decades in the future. Personally, I would not like to see soon a technology capable of disconnecting people absolutely from reality, I think it is easy to see the dangers of such technology.

futurist123

futurist123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Nobody knows if it will be possible to develop this technology with BCIs. In principle, we would need BCIs for reading and writing, something that will help people with very serious health problems, and much, much later, recreational applications may emerge. We are talking about decades in the future. Personally, I would not like to see soon a technology capable of disconnecting people absolutely from reality, I think it is easy to see the dangers of such technology.

Yea like I said I think this technology is at least 50 years away, and while I do agree there are obvious dangers with this, it could also help in situations such as teleconferencing, people who live long distances can meet regularly, along with educational purposes.

engram

engram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
It's either 10 or 50 yrs away, maybe even never.

Since a Full Dive BCI will be utilizing visual memories of users. Most likely will not become a mainstream thing because each user has different memory of an object.

There can never be a unified game framework of a FDVR game since every brain is just so different. Every user has different memories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users