Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How could synthetic humans look and function different from natural human beings?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday

I think someday Synthetic Biology will make possible to create artifitial humans made of flesh and blood ( Iam not talking about robots and androids made of inorganic matter). Do you remember the replicants from Blade Runner?

Since they will be bioengineered they would surely have features that "normal" humans dont have or it os quite rare to have. For exemple a synthetic person could have new and unusual eye colors like mauve and magenta. They could have plant genes added into their genomes in order for them to have colorful skin and hair like green, blue or true red.

I believe that they could also have animal features like wings and tails but I am not sure if they could fly like a bird if they had wings.

They could also have unusual physical features for their biological gender. For exemple a synthetic male could have very large breasts much like Bob in the movie Fight club or a synthetic female could have a dense and long beard like ancient paintings.

In Blade Runner the replicants look indistinguishable from naturally born people. Do you think that in the future synthetic humans will look like any other person or will they be truly bioengineered mutants given the fact that genetic engineering will be advanced enought to allow them to exist?

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

All that's fine, but most people won't find it attractive.  

For example, women with nails like this:

https://images.app.g...XM8qinMhbbJ42d8

I think that says "stay away" to most people, or makes them think of crustaceans (crab claws and clams), especially if painted red.

How about enhancing the feminine or masculine form, to look almost impossibly attractive, and preserve it even into old age?  (I'm personally a pretty attractive specimen of the male form, and worry about losing it due to aging.  I wouldn't change much to how I look -- same for a synthetic doppelganger of myself -- except to preserve it.  The body of a Chad, the mind of Cthulhu...)

Omosoap

Omosoap

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

^I don't know, personally, I find that while publicly people might express uniformity in what they find attractive in people, privately it can be quite diverse. 

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

I think there will be bioengineered humans and human-like organisms of all forms in the distant future. All of the variations you describe will exist, along with many others. 

A shapeshifter would be even better than a radically modified human. A shapeshifter could experiment with any type of body and even alter its own mind and emotions to truly understand what it means to be a different person, or animal. 

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Here's someone who definitely needs some work done on her face:

https://twitter.com/...5584002/photo/1

If that's what a transhuman is supposed to look like, we're doomed.

(Honestly, a little Sculptra on her face to smooth out those harsh lines off the sides of her nose, would do wonders for her -- erasing about 20 years off her face.  Fortunately, I don't even have the beginnings of that mask-like look you see on older faces.  She's also got a little bit of a turkey neck forming, which could stand to be fixed with some more injections.  I shouldn't make fun, though, as I'll be in the same boat in about 25 years.  Fortunately, guys' skin ages slower than women.  The rule of thumb is that women's skin ages 15 years faster than men's, in terms of collagen loss; the skin of a woman at age 60 is equivalent to a man's at age 75.)

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday

I think there will be bioengineered humans and human-like organisms of all forms in the distant future. All of the variations you describe will exist, along with many others. 

A shapeshifter would be even better than a radically modified human. A shapeshifter could experiment with any type of body and even alter its own mind and emotions to truly understand what it means to be a different person, or animal. 

DNA is quite stable and it is so complex so i dont think it will be possible to change dna at will just by thought for exemple.

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

DNA is quite stable and it is so complex so i dont think it will be possible to change dna at will just by thought for exemple.

The shapeshifter would be made wholly or almost wholly of non-organic parts. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users