Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Geopolitics and history of a hypothetical Eocene Saurian civilization

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Lux

Lux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
Okay, this is a scenario. Let's say the KT impact never happens, and thus the subsequent mass extinction is erased. Mammals continue to exist on the margins as rodent-like things, and the Archosaurian evolution continues. Let's say that maybe 10-15 million years passes, and one of the species develop sapience and the capability to develop some kind of civilization, which eventually happens.

The main question is how international politics, geopolitics and trading would develop on such an alternate Earth, which is a warmer Earth where the continents also are closer to one another.

MAP: https://i.imgur.com/ep4RUqB.png

The questions are:

1) If we say that all or nearly all continents are inhabited, will trade develop faster or slower?

2) How will trade routes, like for example Silk Road equivalents develop?

3) Where will the most prosperous civilizations and empires first take hold and flourish?

4) Would technological and cultural development proceed faster or slower than in our reality?

5) Where would obvious geopolitical conflicts emerge?

The scenario posits that the Saurian sapient species evolved in North America and then spread out through Asia, the Middle East, Europe and Africa, and then to South America, Antarctica and lastly to Australia. 

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

This scenario diverges from reality in so many ways that I don't know where to begin answering your questions.

Outlook

Outlook

N'wah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

This scenario diverges from reality in so many ways that I don't know where to begin answering your questions.

look at the subforum this is posted in

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/GMYezR1cwFA

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,705 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

I prescribe to the idea that dinosauroids/trodoons may have eventually split between their original avian-esque form and humanoids

Dinosauroid-1200x780.jpg

fafff553be7b4efc44ba62ae51640514.jpg

The question then is "do these trodoon men actually have humanlike behaviors?" 

If the answer is no and they are essentially still closer to birds/reptiles than primates, then we'd essentially have humanoid birds walking around. Better able to use tools than birds currently are, but not quite enough to form civilizations as we know them where mass organized trade would be a major problem. Though I would like to think they'd manage a certain form of it that, with enough environmental pressure, could allow them to easily become humanlike in behavior over time, perhaps after another few million years from now.

Wow, I don't know why that thought just blew my mind: thinking about what evolution would have wrought if humans never rose to the level we're at now. Like if Erectus was about as well as our line ever did.

If the rise of this sapient species happens barely 20 million years after what would have been the KT Extinction event, then there's no reason why Earth today and everything within about a 40-million-light-year diameter wouldn't be a post-Singularity cage. Who knows, maybe we are in one and our timeline where primates rose instead of dinosauroids is one of many simulations to see how long it would take for sapience and the Singularity to re-emerge in the event that the Chicxulub asteroid either managed to kill off all non-avian dinosaurs or actually managed to hit Earth. Even if this species failed, enough time has passed that certain resources could've been replenished. 50 to 45 million years is a very long time, after all, and most land-dwelling plants didn't actually evolve until much more recently than you think.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Erowind

Erowind

Anarchist without an adjective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Video related but replace the people with Yuli's Trodoons

(This poor video has been subjected to 13 years of youtube data rot. The movie on DVD looks great!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users