Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2100 predictions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nick1984

Nick1984

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationUK
After a couple of rather terbulant years politically, and us being in the start of a new decade, I thought it'd be time to revisit this (couldn't find the old thread from a decade back, but I'm sure we had one).

My predictions

- USA and India are the two "superpowers" and leading economies due to their huge populations and political structures. Unlike China, India was successful thanks to it's democratic system, this resulted in a peaceful rise with good relations with the US, conflicts with China and Pakistan did little to obstruct this.

- China, following an aggressive 2050s where it attempted to invade Taiwan and several Japanese islands is still licking it's wounds following a defeat by a coalition of Taiwan, India, Japan and the US. Despite a stint as the largest economy in the 2040s and 2050s it is now suffering due to a population decline rapidly heading towards 1980s levels.

- Much of the world's cultures have been lost due to continued Americanisation of pop culture, the likes of Amazon, Disney and Netflix have homogenised how people behave and dress. Much of the English speaking world now has an accent similar to that found in California.

- Europe has become largely insignificant, Brexit lead to further breakups in the EU, tensions increased due to high immigration from the Middle East as the decline of oil lead to economic collapse and further expansion of Israel. However due to waning global influence the union was later reformed towards the end of the century.

- Africa is now rapidly developing, the likes of Nigeria are now seen as the "factory of the world", most electronics bear the "Made in Nigeria" label. However, due to automation Africa seems to have missed the boat in transitioning to a developed society like Europe, North America and India. Several large scale wars have also hindered progress.

- Music hasn't changed much, after the electronic revolution of the 1980s to 2010s innovation really slowed down. Pop stars still exist, but are quickly forgotten. Classical composers such as Beethoven and classic rock bands like The Beatles are still revered.

- Virtual Reality, after a slow start, has by now had a huge impact. Thanks to AI developers are bringing 180 years worth of Hollywood movies to life. You'll be able to explore the settings and interact with characters/actors long since deceased.

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

- Much of the world's cultures have been lost due to continued Americanisation of pop culture, the likes of Amazon, Disney and Netflix have homogenised how people behave and dress. Much of the English speaking world now has an accent similar to that found in California.

Scary, but it makes sense. 

Revolutionary Moderate

Revolutionary Moderate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, United States

Here are some of my predictions 

-The colonization of space is well underway, with Mars and the Moon and the largest asteroids having sizable populations, with asteroid mining supplying most of their resources, such as water.

-On Earth, it has been decades since A.I. replaced humanity as the ones in power, which first resulted in some unrest, after some people got angry that they were suddenly obsolete. However, after everyone saw how better A.I. was than humanity in practically everything, this unrest disappeared. 

-Alien life has been discovered in the subsurface ocean of Europa, which led to new missions to search for alien life in our solar system. 

The Potato Praiser 

Nick1984

Nick1984

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationUK

Scary, but it makes sense.

I've noticed it with British kids (relatives anyway) over the last few years. 20 years ago we had CBBC and CITV largely comprising of British-made shows.

The current generation of kids now mainly watch Disney+, Netflix, YouTube and play games online (with voice chat) and they mimic what they hear without realising it. There's barely any British content (Pepa Pig aside).

Ireland seems to be further down the road, half of the teenagers in Dublin you really struggle to tell whether they're Irish or American these days.

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Ironically, a growing number of Americans hate our own pop-culture media. I can't stand Disney films. 

Nick1984

Nick1984

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationUK

Ironically, a growing number of Americans hate our own pop-culture media. I can't stand Disney films.

There do seem to be a lot of complaints about regarding "woke" virtue signalling being shoehorned into movies lately, Disney seems to have ruined Star Wars (if it wasn't already ruined), and the live action remakes just seem like poor immitations to me.

Warner are still making plenty of great movies, The Batman and Dune look fantastic, really excited for them.

Having a monopoly does leave room for complacency though, British, French and Bollywood cinema have massively declined over the last couple of decades.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users