Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Compound growth as better terminology then exponential growth

Growth Exponential Compound Definition Ai AGI Ray Kurzweil Ray Future Kurzweil

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Set and Meet Goals

Set and Meet Goals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Compound growth is exponential making the word exponential often redundant.

I say often because I think the word exponential has its purpose which is to describe a insanely high compound growth % for example when Ray Kurzweil says AI gets 200% better every 10 months.

When growth in a area is not insane (even if fast) for example 10% a year I think compound growth is better terminology.

Using the word exponential often implies faster growth then it's real growth speed especially to non futurists as the word exponential has come to mean a extreme compound growth %.

I'm overtired and need to sleep so I may edit this post later but I think you get my point

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Growth, Exponential, Compound, Definition, Ai, AGI, Ray Kurzweil, Ray, Future, Kurzweil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users