Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Would you consider the following AGI?

AGI future AI Roomba DeepMind

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Set and Meet Goals

Set and Meet Goals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

As a bit of background DeepMind recently made a AI which can learn to play multiple games without knowing the rules to said games (it has too learn the rules as well).

So this is what I was thinking could be made which I thought may classify as AGI.

You get a Roomba like device Roomba - Wikipedia without any of the programing or narrow AI in it.

DeepMind installs a AI into the Roomba which can play multiple games without knowing the rules and they give it the perceived game of "vacuum clean an enclosed room with objects in it" or something akin to that.

This test is basic but different from video games and it must learn in real time. You could compare this AI Roomba against pre programed narrow AI Roomba's (which are good enough that humans use them) by measuring missed areas in the room via dust on the carpet and the time it takes to clean the room.

If this AI can now play video games and clean rooms well, would it count as AGI?

I say this as cleaning a room is a separate domain to playing video games however it is of course using the video game playing AI to clean the room.

edit I am not saying DeepMind can do this right now rather to me this feels like something they could achieve in just a few steps more of AI development for example 2 years from now. Hell maybe they actually could do this now I don't know but I am not making said judgment in this post.

Set and Meet Goals

Set and Meet Goals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

I don't think this belongs in news and current events and I didn't post it here.

This is asking if you would consider something I describe as AGI I gave a sentence of news at the start for context.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AGI, future, AI, Roomba, DeepMind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users