Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

After the singularity will we be able to live in replicas of the past as our past self?

AGI AI simulation time travel past future singularity game VR hobby

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Set and Meet Goals

Set and Meet Goals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Will we be able to live in the past as our past self of course with our own custom changes to make life fun?

I think we will need to perfectly simulate a second of a past date and then just let play out.

It's what I am super excited to do post singularity I want to play all kinds of games where I become my self from the past but with customized changes. I can work towards what I want in different scenarios or just mess around with superpowers and I am living in what is effectively the real world because I am living from the starting point of a replica of the past.

I tried posting this in r/singularity and it was deleted for some reason I think I have posted something similar here before but I am really digging for a answer on this.

tomasth

tomasth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
You mean an AI assistance controlled dream recreation from memories , world ?

Set and Meet Goals

Set and Meet Goals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

You mean an AI assistance controlled dream recreation from memories , world ?

sorry for the late reply (despite me logging in) I have been sad today.

I mean a perfect simulation of the past somehow, it only needs to be simulated for 1 second and then the laws of physic's let it move in motion. That one second would perfectly simulate all atoms for example so everyone's unshared thoughts are the same. I don't know how to explain it differently.

backtothefuture30

backtothefuture30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I honestly believe it could happen. For many people this would be like a dream come true. However, we're still far away from having this capability.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AGI, AI, simulation, time travel, past, future, singularity, game, VR, hobby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users