Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

When do you think we will be able to see our deceased loved ones be resurrected from the dead and return close to what they really are?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

JourneyToUnknown962

JourneyToUnknown962

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I know we cannot bring back someone from the dead who is exactly like your dad, mom, sister or brother but if you wanted to be reunited with your long lost deceased loved one could their be another way to see this person besides seeing them in a digital hologram form or VR version like form what if you could see them in person how many years are we from resurrecting people your family members or best friends from the dead I’m curious how would we bring back the deceased love one memories their facial features their height weight personality are we like a century away from this or most likely decades I understand you could see your loved one again if their were such thing as a multiverse where their are many versions of you I think I read on a article like many exact copies of you could exist in black holes but all I’m saying one day in the future in terms of losing a family member will it be possible to no longer have to say oh I’ll never see them again and I will soon one day in the far distant future a newer version of them?

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Unless they have been cryogenically preserved, I don't think we will be able to resurrect them. 

lechwall

lechwall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Unless they have been cryogenically preserved, I don't think we will be able to resurrect them. 

The only other way would be if it were possible to travel back in time at the point of the individual's death and bring them back to the present but who knows if that is even possible.

"The future will be better tomorrow.  If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure.   For NASA, space is still a high priority. The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. No, not our nation's, but in World War II. I mean, we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century, but in this century's history. Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child. We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."  Dan Quayle

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,506 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Can multi-dimensional crossing somehow resurrect, or to be precise, reorder structure to the way they were before?

I'm just saying there is a lot we don't know about the universe and the maxim "anything is possible" can easily be appropriate.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

I know we cannot bring back someone from the dead who is exactly like your dad, mom, sister or brother but if you wanted to be reunited with your long lost deceased loved one could their be another way to see this person besides seeing them in a digital hologram form or VR version like form what if you could see them in person how many years are we from resurrecting people your family members or best friends from the dead I’m curious how would we bring back the deceased love one memories their facial features their height weight personality are we like a century away from this or most likely decades I understand you could see your loved one again if their were such thing as a multiverse where their are many versions of you I think I read on a article like many exact copies of you could exist in black holes but all I’m saying one day in the future in terms of losing a family member will it be possible to no longer have to say oh I’ll never see them again and I will soon one day in the far distant future a newer version of them?

Unless they were at some point copied neuron for neuron (which likely won't be possible for centuries) you won't be able to get an exact copy, so it would be more disturbing than comforting, because of the uncanny valley. Imagine seeing someone who looks like the love of your life, sounds like them, and has all their memories, but lacks their unique quirks or has different ones. Would be somewhat off putting.

think I read on a article like many exact copies of you could exist in black holes but all I’m saying one day in the future in terms of losing a family member will it be possible to no longer have to say oh I’ll never see them again and I will soon one day in the far distant future a newer version of them?

If that's true, then there would also be trillions of almost exact copies so finding the exact one would be impossible, duckduckgo the Library of Babel.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

well let's play a little hypothetical here:

lets say I lost a friend in highschool, died in a car accident. If you were to plug me into a VR setup, that could read some of my thoughts. and have me reimagine some of my highschool days, recording everything about how my mind remembered those days, and you gradually built up an idea of that person in the background from context and memories. And you had the library of ideas of that person from the perspective of my entire group of friends also, and gradually in a MMO VR shared theme park built around our school days, Where anyone who was a student there could contribute memories, and even siblings and other family sources of memories could be accessed. and a sufficiently advanced AI could build a cohesive model and backstory for my friend, and map it onto an AI, with training in things like cold reading and hot reading to fill in gaps, and maybe a estimate based on genetics either direct or of family, and a psychological profile based off of data.

I'd wager we could build some very nearly undetectable approximations of the dead person.

It'd be even better if we could get preserved genetic samples, brain scans, internet history, journals, and documents, live recordings, and medical records.

It might be even concievable that a person living now could have so much data sampled and gathered about them that a near perfect creation of them could be had.

Mind you I'm not ruling out the possibility that we could discover some detectable and reproducable aspect of a living person that makes them mentally distinct from say a genetic clone. Some part outside memory and regular brain activity that is like a fingerprint of that specific consciousness. and then build a replica of it, where in it is a sort of digital reincarnation.

But I think we would have to redefine the entire body of how we think the universe works to be able to do the same type of detection and reconstruction backwards through time, to resurrect the dead for real.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users